Can't Configure Input Ports PIC16F15354

Moderator: Benj

Bep

Can't Configure Input Ports PIC16F15354

Post by Bep »

I saw a related posting for another chip for Flowcode 6 or 7. I believe the fix was that an updated FCD file for the specific chip was needed.

On Flowcode 8, I cant get any ports on the PIC16F15354 or PIC16LF15354 to function as inputs. To troubleshoot this, I made a simple flowchart that checked the status of a switch, and selected one of two LEDs depending on the switch position. The switch was on B.5 and the LEDs were on ports C.5 and C.6.

I breadboarded and configured this with a PIC16F690 (internal RC clock, everything else disabled) first to confirm that it works. No problems.

I then configured the program and breadboard for the PIC16F15354 (internal 1 MHz clock, everything else disabled). No response. It lights the LED as if the input was 0 regardless of the input logic. This is expected if the port was not configured as an input. I experimented a little with the settings, but could not get it to function. Same results with ports A and C also.

If I'm lucky, maybe I made a mistake on the settings somewhere. Any help on this issue would be most appreciated.

Of course I'm up against a deadline (who isn't?) and did not allow for extra time for this kind of problem. My bad for not testing this earlier.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Can't Configure Input Ports PIC16F15354

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. I have spotted the problem and managed to provide a fix. It only effected digital inputs on PortB, typically PortA and PortC would have been fine but it's nice it's been discovered and resolved.

Use the Help -> Check for updates to get the latest version of the device definition and the program should hopefully then run as expected.

Bep

Post by Bep »

Thanks for finding the issue. I really appreciate the fast response. I have not seen the update yet. I clicked on help and "check for updates..." It responds with "0 Updates Available"

I tried to configure PortB (B.5) and PortA (A.5) as digital inputs on my proto board and had the same problem with both ports. I am using the PIC16LF15354 for my project, but I see the same issue with the PIC16F15354 when I breadboard it.

As soon as I get the update, I will try both ports again.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hmm,

Maybe try changing "files in use" to "full database" on the bottom left hand side of the update dialogue. I certainly pushed the updates this morning.

Bep

Post by Bep »

Sorry, no results for File In-use and Full database.

Bep

Post by Bep »

OK, I had to update to version 8.1 first, then I could see the updates you pushed.

Success! Thank you so much. It looks like all the ports can now be configured as inputs.

I appreciate the very quick response to this issue.

Spencer