Bad mistake in FC8!

Moderator: Benj

tiny

Bad mistake in FC8!

Post by tiny »

I'm using FC8 last update on Windows 10, 1903.
Since an update of MS and only in FC8, my PC says goodbye with the following error:
Pic2.jpg
Pic2.jpg (121.09 KiB) Viewed 23885 times
This occurs mainly when I create, change, or just list variables in the Project Explorer, but also
in the simulation debugger, when I delete or add variables.
With a little luck and some detours I can still save my work, otherwise everything is gone!
After restarting the PC and again with a bit of luck I need not reconfigure FC8.
Today I already deleted 2x registry entry and FC8 reconfigured, so I can continue working.
Is already a bit boring!

Can you take a look at this?
Many thanks
Christina

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Bad mistake in FC8!

Post by Benj »

Hi Christina,

Many thanks we will investigate what might be causing this.

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Hi Christina,

This is a tricky one because we are unable to recreate the problem here. Would you be able to provide the following information to help us try to narrow the search?

1) Confirm you are using v8.2.1.13
2) Are you using an antivirus, firewall, or any other security software that has real-time protection?
3) Are you using any software designed to monitor/protect the Windows registry?

Also, would you be able to spend some time running Windows in safe-mode to see if the problem still occurs? (I understand if you cannot as it's quite inconvenient).

Thanks, and we shall continue investigating.

Daniel

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Hi Christina,

Are you by any chance using multiple instances of Flowcode at the same time when this occurs? Or just running a single instance?

Thanks

Daniel

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Hi Christina,

One more question for you (sorry!). Do you happen to know what graphics card manufacturer you are using (Intel, AMD/Radeon, Nvidia/Geforce)?

Daniel

tiny

Post by tiny »

This issue occurs with Single Instance and also with Multi Instances of FC8. My notebook has the Intel integrated graphics and also a Nvidia graphics card. I use the Intel internal graphics because the Nvidia drivers are mainly optimized for 3D applications. In addition, the error occurs in both graphics.

Christina

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

Hi
This may be unrelated - have you just installed the latest build 1903 ? of windows 10
at work this has also broken Autodesk Inventor 2018 & Autocad 2018. We have rolled back to the previous build

So might not be a bug in FC8 - MS could have caused this

Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

tiny

Post by tiny »

Hello Steve,I have the built 1903 installed, but it happened before this upgrade after any update. The problem with registry delete and reconfigure I already know from the time before Built 1903, now just the shutdown prompts have become a bit more common.Christina

tiny

Post by tiny »

Addendum: the error occurs more often when more than one instance of FC8 is open.

And this shutdown again needs a necessary cleanup of the FC8 registry entry!

Christina

DanielM

Post by DanielM »

Christina,

Just to let you know that we are still investigating this, (but as of yet we have not been successful). Thanks for your patience.

Daniel

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone.
Hope you don't mind me butting in. However, I too have just completed a 'clean build' of Windows 10 pro 1903. OS build 18362.365
There is a notable difference as to how OneDrive functions. All desktop icons are affected too. During the new install, Windows appears to use a system snap-shot to rebuild the computer structure back to what is was before the rebuild. This included all files and desktop icons. Allowing the computer to sit unused for a while to let it work on reinstalling all folder files from the OneDrive, corrects any issues you may have. It takes a long time to complete. It appears to me that Microsoft has taken a snapshot of your system to be ready for an upgrade in the background some time ago. If you made changes after that snapshot was taken, may cause the problems you have.

Dave

tiny

Post by tiny »

Thank you for continuing to work on this problem. It is sometimes quite annoying.

I also did a rollback on my PC, after that some other programs did not work properly anymore, so PC reinstalled, all updates except Build 1903 installed.FC8 (latest version) installed, after a short time no FC8 file can be opened. Registry cleaned up, ran again some time!So even mistakes as before the reinstallation.The only difference: there was no shutdown request without build 1903. This feature should really only come along with the build 1903!

Christina

tiny

Post by tiny »

Just happened: during a simulation added a few variables in the simulation debugger.
Run simulation, pause, add variable (has always been a normal process) and immediately the shutdown window has appeared.
No chance to save!

Christina

STibor

Post by STibor »

tiny wrote:Just happened: during a simulation added a few variables in the simulation debugger.
Run simulation, pause, add variable (has always been a normal process) and immediately the shutdown window has appeared.
No chance to save!

Christina
Hello,

Mystical bug.
Macro "ok and edit button bug" 3 months ago not fixed...

https://youtu.be/INTVePi9Htg

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

Evening all
There is a notable difference as to how OneDrive functions. All desktop icons are affected too.
you can now sync desktop and other folders to onedrive i have turned off onedrive in msconfig a while ago
Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

tiny

Post by tiny »

Maybe a little help:
PC: Fujitsu Celsius H780, current bios, current drivers
Windows 10 Pro x64, build 1903, all updates
Flowcode v8.2.1.13, all core and component updates

I have cleared all system logs, started FC8 with a simple routine. 4 to 5 times variable in the debug window added or deleted, 4 occurrences of variables listed, again added in the debug mode variable and the shutdown request was already there.
In the user log there were then 3 messages, which are shown in the attached PDF.
Maybe this can help a bit with debugging.

I am (again) working on cleaning up the registry and reconfiguring Flowcode so that I can continue working!
User Log.pdf
(55.08 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
best regards
Christina

jimbo1973

Post by jimbo1973 »

Hello everyone

I have the same problem. :(

best regards
Jürgen

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Hi all,

Can you try to change desktop when the shutdown prompt appears? (WIN+tab, select on top desktop 2). This should cause the shutdown dialog and explorer.exe (your startmenu/taskbar) to crash and restart... Has problem gone away/can you again use Flowcode?

If you're brave enough, you could hack registry to disable the shutdown dialog on alt+f4 appearing ever again... It involved adding some "noclose" to certain policy register. Don't remeber at this moment the exact. AS ALWAYS, BE VERY CAREFULL AROUND YOUR WINDOWS REGISTRY; YOU CAN MESS UP YOUR WORK AND CAREER WITH IT.

Annoying little bug.
Ill just keep the good work up!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

I experienced this problem a while back, it maybe happened 3 or 4 times over a period of a day or two and it hasn't happened to me since. That was probably 6 months ago. I use Flowcode every day at work and often have 4,5,6 instances on the go at once.

We believe it may be something to do with the Win10 auto updates and our implementation of several Windows libraries but obviously this is very tricky to pin down.

Hopefully like for me it will simply resolve itself and go away. However if you are experiencing this problem regularly then let us know and we will do what we can to try and pin it down a bit more.

stefan.erni
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by stefan.erni »

That was probably 3 months ago. One of our computers with WIN 10 and v8.2.1.13 made the same problem.
But it stoped to make problem "from alone" maybe an update fixed it.
On my computer with WIN 10 Version build 1909, FC8 v8.2.1.13 is working fine.

regards

Stefan

AbhijitR

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello! Matrix Team

May I request you to introduce "Auto Save Function" like Microsoft Office or some other programs have, which will keep saving the work at every defined time, today I lost a big part of modification, no doubt it was my mistake that I should have hit the save button timely but everyone will agree with me that one get lost while writing the chart and forget to press the save button.

Or is it possible to generate a backup file and keep it saving like CorelDraw do, I know you are the correct one to decide and implement if the software allows, but I think auto save function will be a life saver.

I am still facing the same problem of the SHUT DOWN window (like Christina's first post) popping up sometime, I am using Windows 8.1 Pro (64 Bit, with 8 GB Ram).

Thank you.

Regards
Abhi

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Abhi,
AbhijitR wrote:May I request you to introduce "Auto Save Function" like Microsoft Office or some other programs have, which will keep saving the work at every defined time
Within View menu, global options then application tab you should see:
Autosave.png
(14.8 KiB) Downloaded 1749 times
Martin

AbhijitR

Post by AbhijitR »

Hello! Martin
good morning

As usual you are my SAVIOUR, many many thanks to make my morning good too and I appreciate you patience Martine, cheers...

Regards
Abhi

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Abhi,
You're welcome.
Glad I could help. :)
Martin

andreeksteen

Post by andreeksteen »

I have been having the same issue with Flowcode 8.2 up to this morning. Now when I start Flowcode 8.2 is looks like it's starting, but then it crashes. I did the following with no success at all:
1: Uninstall Flowcode 8.2 completely and reinstall
2: Tried to start it in Safe mode, same problem there
3: White listed Flowcode in my virus and firewall software
4: Tried installing "FlowcodeV8.2 Patch" and "FlowcodeV8.2.1.13_Hotfix" and in both instances got the message: "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

This happened at a bad time since I am in the middle of a client project and now I cannot complete the work. Please any advice or help!!

Flowcode 8.2
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Name NVIDIA Quadro K3100M (Configured for 3D CAD)

See screen recording of crash here: https://youtu.be/ekkiKUKKF_o
Andre Eksteen

Biotech Emporium cc
Reg: 2002/104664/23
P O Box 433
Oudtshoorn
South Africa