Strange bugs pic18f67k22 on FC5 FC6 FC7 FC8

Moderator: Benj

xelites

Strange bugs pic18f67k22 on FC5 FC6 FC7 FC8

Post by xelites »

Hello everyone, I saw this problem that is repeated for all versions of FC. I ask for confirmation of the reason!
pic used 18f67k22
I attach two identical programs one with the active 4X PLL and another with the 4X PLL deactivated
The problem is in the reading configuration of the ADC that I am forced to change in one or the other depending on whether the PLL is active! I don't understand a logical sense. Any test in software emulation works but then the program on the micro doesn't work!

The "TEST PLL 4X OFF" program practically always works (PLL on or PLL off always works and the ADC reading is correct).
While the "TEST PLL 4X ON" program only works with the active 4X PLL !! ADC reading blocked at 4095 if you disable the 4x PLL .. why?
Both work on the video emulation test :shock:
Thx all
Attachments
TEST PLL 4X ON.fcfx
(12.74 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
TEST PLL 4X OFF.fcfx
(13.69 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Strange bugs pic18f67k22 on FC5 FC6 FC7 FC8

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Are these programs running on the same device or different devices? If different devices then are they different silicone revisions?

It could also be some kind of hardware problem, e.g. a brown out if you are using different circuits for the two programs?

xelites

Re: Strange bugs pic18f67k22 on FC5 FC6 FC7 FC8

Post by xelites »

Hello Benj, I can guarantee you that I found the same problem on the same microprocessor, identical revision and tested on several recent or older hardware that mount it ...
To understand this, you need to do a direct test on the microprocessor at the hardware level.
You should see that as activated in the FC options the 4X PLL changes the reading mode of all the ADC inputs!
It is something that happens between FC and the compiler ... I think
If I can help in some tests let me know.
Every so often I check if you answer me .. I don't know why but if you answer me at the post I don't get the email notice.