UART / circular buffer - performance - non-performance..

Moderator: Benj

DCW

UART / circular buffer - performance - non-performance..

Post by DCW »

Hello - again.... folks ... and ALL ...
So I have attached a very simple program... using a LoNet modem.. with a SIM800L chip onboard... It actually used to work pretty well...
BUT NOW ... in tidying up the flowcode software... to make sure that the modem.. is reacting / working ... like it should be...
I have found some new problems...
I have detailed these in the attached program...
IF Anyone - can tell me how to use the flowcode... I would be very grateful... as I have looked and looked for a PDF manual of "using flowcode8"... and cannot find any such file... (others also ask for it... and I have to try change the subject....!!!!)
I can find some examples... on the internet... but I think that there IS... somewhere a PDF file... of ..."using flowcode8"... that could be very useful..
I think others also have some of these problems...
I find it increasingly hard... to try to 'sell' flowcode to other people... cause everytime... I try to show someone ... WOW check this lovely program... that does this..!!! (Oh hell it don't work.. Oh drat)...

I thank you....
Spencer...
Attachments
PIC16F1509-UART-test-FC8.2.1.13.fcfx
(22.01 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

EtsDriver

Re: UART / circular buffer - performance - non-performance..

Post by EtsDriver »

Hi!

Can you try to use the RXINT to catch reply from UART1, then put that to a variable that you check when running the program?

In your case, create a new macro, RXINTERRUPT, simple and sturdy:
rxint.JPG
rxint.JPG (21.55 KiB) Viewed 15445 times
That macro will receiver and store char when the program runs and it gets some feedback.

Then add Interrupt and enable it:
Uart interrupt.JPG
Uart interrupt.JPG (28.02 KiB) Viewed 15445 times
Then lastly, change your main loop so it wont print if the getchar macro timeouts (dont remember was it 255 what it uses when it timeouts).
rxloop.JPG
rxloop.JPG (44.61 KiB) Viewed 15445 times
Here is a receiving routine for RS232 i once made for checking that the received string terminates with enter before program continues (It is meant to be the RXINT macro). Try looking around it too to get the general idea about the RS232 routines. It is a importable macro made for V7 Flowcode.
rs232_recv.FCM
Give kudos to EtsDriver / Jari V. if you use this macro as part of your program.
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Ill just keep the good work up!

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello there - thanks... very much for all your input....
I have tried some stuff... AND it took me a while to realize that the CIRCULAR BUFFER is not working in conjunction with the INTERRUPT system...
So the UART / CIRCULAR BUFFER / INTERRUPT complication... is not working at all...

I can only ask Ben / Leigh / Daniel to please check this out...???

So I setup a macro with the typical routine of icons to "catch" the data... and place it in the CIRCULAR BUFFER ....
The problem... seems to be that nothing seems to trip the INTERRUPT - so that the macro should ... actuate - and ... fill the circular buffer with... data from the UART... RX...???

So either the INTERRUPT is not functioning..?? or the CIRCULAR BUFFER is not doing it's thing...

I think that the INTERRUPT ... routine... UART RXINT0 .... setting... maybe there... but somehow the CIRCULAR BUFFER ... is not been called to do it's work...
So somewhere there is a fault now... This used to work... (I think in FC7..???)... but in FC8... it is really not functioning....!!

Can someone please have a look... and test it out... I use... either a 16F1509 or a 16F1615... or a 16F1824 processor...
So the program TX's data to the modem... the modem will reply... with AT <13> <10> OK <13> <10> .... I know this... I have proved it with other mechanical routines.. of software...
So I was hoping that the INTERRUPT icon setup to call the macro like RX_B .. which is called when the interrupt UART RXINT0 ... is initiated...
BUT nothing happens... ZILCH...!!!??? so of course now... progress has halted... I am trying all sorts... but it would be 'lekker' if this lot would work...

Have I missed something... in the setup of all of this....???
INTERRUPT icon setup... UART RXINT0 ... to call very short RX_B macro...
RX_B - macro to take data and stick it into the circular buffer...
then later to process the circular buffer.... once data is in there...???

Thanks folks....
regards
Spencer...

LeighM
Matrix Staff

Post by LeighM »

Hi Spencer,
Could you post the latest version of your program?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

In your original program, inside the RXD_B macro you are both reading from the circular buffer and writing to the circular buffer. I beleive you should instead be reading from the UART component connected to the hardware UART channel.
RXINT.jpg
RXINT.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 15405 times
Warning using interrupts in the same program with a software UART may break or cause instability in your software UART communications. You may need to disable the interrupt before using the software UART and then re-enable the interrupt after to avoid any problems.

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Leigh... and Ben .... yeah - that was a mess up... and that was completely incorrect.... hmmm...(A gremlin)...

So I have simplified the program... as much as I could.... and have attached it here...
It simply - enables the INTERRUPT ... so that UART RXINT0 ... should hopefully excite... the RX_B ... very short macro...
(I have inserted there a very simple instruction.. to set a flag to 1..)

Then I proceed to initialize the modem... get it ready...
I then send the famous "AT" command to the modem... and I know it does reply with...
AT
OK
... which I have read on the tera-term monitor.. (plugging wires etc etc on the breadboard).. SO it does give a reply...

So then I also just test with a simple decision icon.. whether 'flag' = 1... then print it to the tera-term... monitor.. (if it should happen)...
but alas... hmmm... it don't happen...
that's it...
so it does appear to me ... unless I have made a glorious FUPAR... somewhere... that the INTERRUPT is not triggering... Is there some setting I have forgotten... in a setup somewhere - that allows the INTERRUPT to be working when enabled...???

Thanks folks..!!!
Spencer..
Attachments
PIC16F1824-UART-test-FC8.2.1.13.fcfx
(17.96 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Ben... yeah... I read this - what you wrote....!!! INDEED...

"Warning using interrupts in the same program with a software UART may break or cause instability in your software UART communications. You may need to disable the interrupt before using the software UART and then re-enable the interrupt after to avoid any problems."...

So I hadn't yet noticed anything... wrong...
BUT ... you have sown a seed of thought....

maybe the software INTERRUPT.... WON'T WORK... when there is a SOFTWARE UART ... flying around inside the mix.!!!!!

How can I STOP / CANCEL... the SOFTWARE UART.... whilst the INTERRUPT is going...????...
maybe you could test that... and like make up a special ... C-CODE icon... with code inside it to STOP the SOFTWARE UART... and then another one to allow it / enable it again.... hmmm...????

Thanks Ben....
Spencer..

DCW

Post by DCW »

SO... I have made this handy lil... power switcher board... which I hitch onto the end of the white bread boards... the normal units which should hopefully be available to most of us... I hope...
So the pins.... T1 ..T2..T3 .. T4 .. are simply a double 2.54 mm spaced golden pins.. which are soldered on to the bottom side of the PCB.. then the 'plastics' are pushed back up against the PCB bottom... This gives you 4 pins per side... looking at the circuits... it's pretty simple to add.. MA01.. is a single pin.. like T1...T2... etc etc.. These pins sticks into the end of the bread board.. so that the two side rails are powered...

I have used the LT1076 .. switcher chip.. for almost 2 amps... the LT1074 will give you up to 5 amps...

All the other components should be pretty easily available... The coil is... the PE-53634.. squarish shape... the schottky diode is simply.. 1N5822..
I hope those that want to make it.. I have included all.. with a full size... PCB layout PDF... which you can print.. easily.. I use the famous.. IRON-ON tech to make the board.. and etch in ole ferric.. and drill with my ole dremel...GEE.. it's just labour... huh...??
You simply.. set the 5K potentiometer... for 5.00V output... (set it before you add voltage sensitive components to the bread board..!!!).

Good show...
Spencer..
Attachments
5 volt power supply with LT1076-for end of bread-board-PCB-LAYOUT.pdf
(20.06 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
5 volt power supply with LT1076-for end of bread-board-COMPONENTS-OVERLAY.pdf
(36.34 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
5 volt power supply with LT1076-for end of bread-board-CIRCUIT.pdf
(20.38 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Spencer,

You are not allowing any time after sending out the command for the remote terminal to receive, process the message and reply.

Here I use the circular buffer "wait for" command to provide up to a 2 second wait for reply.
PIC16F1824-UART-test-FC8.2.1.13.fcfx
(18.35 KiB) Downloaded 239 times

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello there Ben ... and others....
FIRSTLY - THANKS VERY MUCH for showing me something I never even thought about....!!

Anyway - I could not get anything to work...
I spent the afternoon - trying to do other things in order to get some way to show me that the CIRCULAR BUFFER is not working...
BUT in the end... I found something amiss with my whole windows 10 install...
SO I visited the microsoft website - and did an upgrade... which took really just up to.. about 8 PM my time...
I also scrapped my total flowcode v8.2.1.13 install... and re-installed the whole flowcode v8.2.1.13 again...!!!

I then have now just loaded your rendition of the simple file you sent to me... compiled it... and pushed it into the PIC16F1824 I have... on the bread board..
I ran it a few times... and every time... IT NOW COMPLETES.... BUT it tells us that the "OK" was not found...!!!

So it would seem that the CIRCULAR BUFFER is not filling up... with the results of the "AT" <CR>.<LF> instruction sent to the modem...
I know that the AT <CR>.<LF>.OK<CR>.<LF>. result is coming out the modem... I wrote other routines to get those... shown to me... but very messy..!!

So now... have you any other idea... how we can get the CIRCULAR BUFFER / INTERRUPT routine... to work...??
(Has anyone else had this kind of trouble)???..

I leave this to you clever guys... I have not changed your rendition at all... so that is the program I have...!!! (Leigh)...???

Thanks BEN....
regards
Spencer..

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Spencer,

Have you looked at the SIM800 datasheet. It details the process for running the auto baud function which is to keep sending AT in a loop until OK is received.

Section 4 of this document.
https://cdn-shop.adafruit.com/product-f ... _V1.01.pdf

I also spotted a comment that the module defaults to 115200 baud, have you tried this as it might work first time at this rate?

Lastly what do your connections look like, have you wired the TX pin of the microcontroller to the RX pin of the SIM800 and visa versa. Back to the crystal ball to try and help you :roll:

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Spencer,

Thanks for the video, I see what you mean regarding it replying correctly there to the AT. Please can you send me that program from the video and I'll have another ponder on what the problem might be.

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Ben.... yeah absolutely - SIR.!!!!!!!
Gee.. I have thought about this all day... (I had to go help a mate with drilling PCB's CNC style... today)... but I am wondering whether... the TX from the modem... is just a plain lot of "mumbo-jumbo" characters.... which just pour out the modem... then mixed in there is the AT... followed immediately by CR, LF.... then more "mumbo-jumbo".... till later when the OK.... arrives...????
and all this mixed in characters - just fills up, overloads the poor CIRCULAR BUFFER, so when the real 'stuff' arrives... the CIRCULAR BUFFER has missed it all..!!!..

Anyway - here is the little 'mechanical program' ... that I made up... to show me... the AT OK ...texts...

Thank you very much BEN... I think you onto something.... now... maybe some sort of "filter" as one of the internal components to the CIRCULAR BUFFER... component..!!!..

Much appreciated SIR..!!!

Regards
Spencer...
Attachments
PIC16F1824-UART-test-with-eeprom-mechanical-version-AT-OK-FC8.2.1.13.fcfx
(19.02 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Spencer,

The WaitFor command should be emptying the circular buffer so you shouldn't have to worry about it being filled with garbage.

I think the cause of the problem is that the RX interrupt enable icon must come after the UART initialise call. The initialise call disables the interrupt so the interrupt is being switched back off and hence never firing. Hopefully that is the cause of the problem.

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Ben .... OKAY... OKAY... Gee... so thank you for spotting this little problem...!!
I would never have realized this EVER... until I had studied all this good stuff..!!

Have you fellows got some very good PDF's about the use of flowcode8 ... somewhere.... that we all could download....
It is of course... my fault - that I was not good enough to realize some facets of this whole scenario..
(so called useful wiki pages.. are only good if you have a sustainable good internet...)... but the best would be lots and lots of user manual pages... covering all or most of flowcode, would increase it's user base tremendously... I am sure...

However ... I am gaining a little at a time... each time... something like this happens...

BEN..!!! and Leigh... THANKS AGAIN... for all your help in this case... and others...
I NO DOUBT... will be back for more help as the project progrsses...

regards
Spencer...

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Unca' Ben... Okay so attached is a short program I stuck together... which uses A5 on the processor in a SOFTWARE UART... of the PIC16F1615 chip. C2 is used in a software uart... to print... out...the values derived from the output...

.... cause the program is a free stander.. it is not really part of a bigger set of software...
So... I tried the typical.. circular buffer idea.. but could never get it to work.... so I just thought well - maybe it's because I using a SOFTWARE UART...
I tried all sorts but it just would not work...!! If you can see why... and you know why... GEE it would be good to know... SIR.!!! BEN..!!

In the meantime.. I changed the interrupt to trigger on IOC on that pin A5... and set it to trigger on both rising and falling edges... which seems to work the best - actually... NOW... HOWEVER... single digit... values seem to work... like 0.... thru to... 9 ... BUT what about numbers like 10 ... or 23 ... they don't print out correctly....????.. How could I change the program.. to do this.. please..??

The other interrupt ...BTW - the UART RXINTO ... is used on the modem interrupt on the hardware UART.. So I kinda stuck.. eventually with this IOC interrupt... in the final rendition...
I just want to know.. is the normal circular buffer idea... only for hardware UART channels... and not SOFTWARE UARTs...???

Thanks Ben ....
regards
Spencer..
Attachments
PIC16F1615-UART1-UART2-transfer-Flowcodev8.2.1.13.fcfx
(15.78 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Spencer,

The circular buffer is not tied to any hardware and is quite simply a general purpose buffer that can be used with anything.

Your program uses two software UARTs and this is really going to cause you problems. I would advise if possible to avoid software UARTs. If you can use hardware UARTs only.

Software UARTs require procese timings and as soon as you start using interrupts all bets are off. Having two software UARTs in a single program is asking for trouble.

In very specific cases if you are extreemly careful and know what you are doing software UARTs can provide a get out of jail but shouldn't be used as a corner stone for any project where you can help it.

I strongly advise to move to a different chip or at the very least switch one of the UARTs in your program to a hardware channel. What about the 16F15325, it should be pin compatible with the 16F1615 but has two hardware UART channels instead of one.

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Ben... yeah.. points - taken....
Now I might say - that I have the whole system working perfectly... up until say Saturday morning..!!

So I have the two software UART's working absolutely perfectly... and the one hardware UART... The çircuit'was working absolutely perfectly... and I am very grateful for all your help... YES SIR...!! indeed...

So this was until say Saturday morning.... last...
I then started a new part of the program... which has nothing to do with this last part...
So I loaded Fowcode.. set it up for a PIC1615... and loaded a UART (hoping to set it up for the HARDWARE UART... using C4 and C5...
BUT when I started to work... I noted that the UART properties were completely SCREWED OVER...
I cannot change them... they are fixed on C0.. for some reason... and the RX in unconnected....

So I tried unsuccessfully over the next day or so... BUT nothing would change...
When you setup a PIC16F1824... the UART is fine... C4 and C5 are in usae... etc etc etc...
I changed back to PIC16F1615... and the UART is SCREWED OVER...

So I sent you a PM to your address in matrix... showing you a screen shot... of what I got...

I must also tell you - that then whilst trying all of this changing and so on... that horrid win10 menu effort of windows shutdoiwn came up... and crashed the laptop...!!!\
I tried to close all down - but the whole laptop is now totally screwed... !!.. it boots up.. will not load flowcode... I have uninstalled flowcode... and re-installed it... Flowcode will NOT RUN... I have checked for any viruses... as far as defender is concerned... both online and offline scans... NOTHING FOUND...!!
I have tried what I could - BUT the flowcode install has now destroyed itself on that laptop..

I have gone to another PC to send this message to you... This PC.. has nothing else on it but win10 1909.. and flowcode... the latest 8.2.1.13 .... that I downloaded 1 hour ago from the matrix website..
I have installed it... tested the 1615 chip with the UART.... and it has exactly the same fault... THE UART SETTINGS are SCREWED...!!!
So then I tried 1824... and the UART settings are fine...
I reset to 1615... and the UART settings are SCREWED...!!!

Then I noticed a flowcode update alert... so I downloaded those... switched off.. rebooted... reran flowcode... again...
The UART settings for the 1615 are SCREWED...!!!

So Ben - I dunno what you got there - maybe a backdoor in your system.. for some guys to much about your software...
I have two totally different machines... on Friday night the whole system was fine... my lil program is compiled... and working perfectly with two software UART.s and one hardware UART..,,. on 32000000 Hz 1615 chip...

BUT when I tried to get going on Saturday morning... I setup a new flowcode... program... to start the addition to the present system... I noted that the UART properties were SCREWED... have a look at the screen shot I sent to your email address...
I cam to another brand new PC..,., I just set it up 2 hours ago... absolutely brand new...
setup flowcode... 8.2.1.13... tried the same simple setup...
soon as I loaded the UART... and set for 1615 chip ... the UART properties... are SCREWED..!!!!

So now... you tell me please... what's wrong... ??

IS THERE SOMEONE WHO IS WATCHING WHAT WE DOING.... HATES YOU GUYS... AND IS SCREWING WITH YOUR SOFTWARE...!!!
CAUSE i CERTAINLY BELIEVE SO... !!
they must be into your servers... etc etc etc...
cause a brand new installation... with a simple setup for 1615... and one UART..,. and the UART properties for the 1615 are SCREWED..!!!
you set it back to a 1824... and it's fine...!!! you can change the properties... etc etc etc...
BUT - go back to the 1615... and the UART... settings are SCREWED..!!!!

Please check this out Ben.... ?? I dunno what the hell is wrong...??
and... if you can tell me what to do on my laptop - so that I can... have flowcode working there again... I'd really appreciate it...
As I say - my little project with two software UARTs... and on hardware UART.. is working fine... on my 1615...
I of course ... DARE NOT LOAD THAT FILE INTO FLOWCODE now... because of this mysterious strange fault now... It will mess it up./...

Thanks Ben - and others....

I'd watch out.. I think there is someone loose in the system... through back doors etc etc....
maybe they are doing the windows 10.. crash system..??? who knows..???

I think there is someone...????

Thanks guys...
much appreciarted...
regards
Spencer...

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Spencer,

The Windows shut down issue has been detailed on the forums, not being able to open Flowcode after this happens is also known and we have an easy workaround without having to uninstall. We are looking into a resolution for this.

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=21531&start=25#p98745

As for someone gaining access to or hijacking our update system this is very unlikely. We checksum and encrypt all of our files and the level that someone would have to go to to gain access would be pretty crazy, it certainly wouldn't be financially viable for them. We have also had no other such reports of files/updates becomming corrupted or hijacked from our other users.

It is much more likely something in your project changed, be a property setting or a version of a component. I would install all the latest updates so you are up to date and then go through the component properties one by one and check they are correct. You can select the component from the drop down list at the top of the properies window to help go through the components in a structured order.

If you want consistency and reliability then avoid software UARTs, just because they worked well once doesn't mean they will continue to work nicely as your program gets more complex. More complex means there is more time in between receiving characters etc and hence you're more likely to miss an incoming character. The hardware peripherals do a lot for you in terms of always listening out for incoming data etc.

If you want to add more hardware UARTs to your existing microcontroller then maybe these would be an option for you.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPI-to-4-x-U ... 3463387641

If you don't fancy buying them then details of how to make them yourself are available here. It was one of my pet projects a few years back.
https://www.instructables.com/id/SPI-to ... MULTIUART/

DCW

Post by DCW »

Helo Ben.... so can you please lookl at the attached picture... and see that the properties of the UART... are not what one would expect...
I would expect that... the hardware channel UART... for a PIC16f1615 would be .. C4 and C5 ...
NOT C0... with the RX unconnected...
if you try to change any values... YOU SIMPLY CANNOT...

So I installed a brand new version of windows 10 ...
I then used another internet connection... and downloaded the latest flowcode install file...
I installed this file... and registered it..

within 30 seconds of doing this... the WINDOWS error occurred ... and the machine crashed...
after I recovered it... and loaded... flowcode... and looked at the properties of the UART...

The attached picture shows all... PLEASE LOOK AT IT CAREFULLY...
then please go to a PC that displays this WINDOWS 10 crash problem ... and load... a new setup - with a 1615 chip and a UART... and see that you also get C0 as the hardware channel - and you cannot change it....!!!! either..

maybe yours works correctly...

I tried it with a 1824... and both C4 and C5 were there... I then closed the flowcode...
I opened flowcode again... then used 1824 chip ... and tried to setup the UART...
the machine then crashed with the windows 10 problem.... and then after I recovered...
I started the program again... and tried to setup a UART as simply as in the picture...
I got A0 and A1 as the TX and RX ports... also unable to change them....
I then shut down the machine... I tried again later...
I then still found that the TX and RX ports were stuck at... A0 and A1... and could not change them...
The person responsible for the windows 10 crash problem... IS PLAYING THE FOOL WITH US ALL...

I really do not know how to overcome this problem....whatever I try - I am BUGGERED by this stupid windows crash... then what I was working on... is ALL BUGGERED UP...

You may think I am a loon.... BUT I know this is happening... and I need someone to work with me on this problem.... IT IS AFFECTING your network... and why does the PIC16F1615... UART show solidly - C0 for TX and unconnected for RX... AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE THEM....
maybe he isn't playing with you folks yet....BUT HE IS PLAYING WITH YOUR FILES....
I can only say that this is a serious problem...
I know that he is reading these posts....
So now... tell me plainly how to overcome this.... please...
This is not a joke situation....
THIS PERSON IS PLAYING THE FOOL WITH EVERYONE... here on.. your matrix website...
how does the 1615 chip setup for UART change by itself...
I download... the whole flowcode install file... install it... off line... and it is already corrupted... to show C0 for the TX and unconnected for the RX...

thanks Ben....
I hope you take this seriously... maybe then he will start fooling around with your files...

It seems that he is capable of logging onto win 10 installs and installing back doors... with which he really does all the nonsense... with...

hope you can test this ... and even send me screenshots of your flowcode working...

Spencer..

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Ben ... forgot to send the screenshot...
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
(179.29 KiB) Downloaded 805 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The 16F1615 has remappable peripherals, the RX pin is configured using the RX Remap Pin property. Sorry for any confusion caused.

I can guarentee there is no 3rd party tampering with our files, I would be the first to notice. Assuming the 3rd party somehow found a way to repeat all of our encryption, we use lots of version control in house and any files that were changed would instantly show up in the version control. Please rest assured.

As for the Windows shut down issue we have noticed this happens more when Windows is updating itself with specific updates. If you have just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 then no doubt in the background it is updating itself. Please hold off uninstalling and reinstalling Windows as it is totally unnecessary in most cases and will actually just cost you more time. Once all the Windows updates are applied then hopefully the Flowcode shutdown problem will dissappear.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

I noticed from your image you have not selected a pin from the remapping options.
When you change UART from software to hardware, sometimes the remap option will be blank and the RX or TX will then show unconnected.
All you do is select the Remap pin blank window:
Select Pin window.png
(91.49 KiB) Downloaded 790 times
Then select any other window e.g Off next to Use Flow Control :
Select different window.png
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 790 times
You will be able to select the required pin:
Select Pin.png
(104.63 KiB) Downloaded 790 times
Martin

DCW

Post by DCW »

Hello Ben ... and Martin.... YEAH thanks for all that....
and all I can say - AGAIN.... is where is the ...
Flowcode 8 ... in depth ... USER MANUAL.....please....??

Also note from my attachments... that my UART... does not have a .... REMAP PIN....

Where do you download the files... from please..??? so that... I can also have a ... REMAP PIN.... on my UART...???

If one uses / downloads flowcode from the website... how does one set it up... please..??? (NO USER MANUAL)...
What do you do.?? where are the 2521 files...??? are they included in the 194 odd meg of file... IF NOT - WHY NOT PLEASE..???

If and when you download the FULL DATABASE .... of 2521.... where do you put it afterwards - so that it becomes useful... please..???

What do we do... to get that UART - that has the REMAP PIN...??? Mine does not seem to have a REMAP PIN...

What version of flowcode are you using - maybe 8.2.1.14 .... which we can't get to ... because it's not on the download..??? huh..??? I dunno... I am just THE STUPID USER... who gets no where... cause maybe some toys are being kept away from us..!!!?????

GEE GUYS - thanks for what you did MARTIN.... else - I would not have seen a succinct difference... on my UART..???

Please can you write a book like.... "FLOWCODE 8 for dummy's"... maybe the guy that does those books - should do one for Flowcode 8 ...???

It's crazy... how does one know that you got all the files you need...???... what if a guy is given a download file of 194 megs.. and hasn't got access to the internet - for flowcode update files...??? WOW ... !!!!...

Please tell this DUMB IDIOT.... how to use flowcode 8.... IN A PROPER USER MANUAL...including - how and where to put ALL THE FILES....
so that I can also have a REMAP PIN on my UART....

Hey..!!! - IF it is there now... and I am TOO DUMB and STUPID to find... please write a book - so that I can read it... to find out how to expose it...

I guess lots of other people ... may also like it..!!!

Thanks guys - you are a WONDERFUL BUNCH of people...!!! If and when I win the LOTTO here in SA... I will get on a plane... and come shake all your hands... and you guys can all have a pint... (I just drink distilled water...!!!) - OKAY...!!!

Thanks Ben - thanks Martin...- thanks Leigh... thanks Daniel...

Hope you can help this DUMB - STUPID ... guy out here....???
Attachments
Screenshot (34).png
(197.45 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
Screenshot (33).png
(200.22 KiB) Downloaded 773 times
Screenshot (32).png
(161.11 KiB) Downloaded 773 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Spencer,
Look at the images in your last post.
You have got:
Rx Tx.png
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 770 times
If you want to use RX for example, you should select Yes for Use RX.
It's when you select yes, you should see option to select pins.
Why should there be an option to select pins if you don't want to use RX or TX?
Should there be an in depth manual covering that?
Martin