Unhappy e-blocks customer

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Dr_Zeus

Unhappy e-blocks customer

Post by Dr_Zeus »

Having purchased an eblocks kit direct with a Professional licence I find that after installation the cd key is not recognised.

So far it's taken two days to reach support and I still do not have a fully functioning Flowcode install and cannot gain access to the flowcode 4 forum.

A very disappointing start with this expensive product :(

Carl

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Unhappy e-blocks customer

Post by medelec35 »

Hello Carl.
Im not sure if this will help you get any further, But this is how I enter keys (from one of my other posts):

You will have two sets of keys: 6 sets of 6 chars which determine type of licence you have.
7 sets of 6 chars which is paired to your registered name. Easiest way is during install select 'Do not enter a key (upgrade or no Key)

After install has completed, run flowcode in Administrator mode (even if you have full administrative rights), then have 'create a new Flowcode flowchart' selected. Choose any target, then select Help then Register.
at this stage do not put anything in Name: box.
Copy and paste CD key (6 lots of 6 chars) in Key: Box. If correct key then you will get a message about restarting flowcode and key has been stored etc.
Restart flowcode, then if key was successful you will get a reminder box stating 'This program is not free' etc. Click on Enter Key.
Paste your user name in Name:
and your 7 lots of 6 chars into Key. All being well you will get a message about key is stored. That should be it.
Exit, then run flowcode as normal.
Since keys are stored, this would apply if installing on a different PC, or windows is re-installed.

Did you not receive an email containing your keys?
Perhaps contacting Matrix Multimedia staff via PM or phone will help to resolve key issue.

Hope you get fully up and running soon.
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hello Carl,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our level of support. I have looked into how this case has been handled internally and it has highlighted a gap in our support system.

We received your initial question via the web contact form at 8pm on Monday evening. There was no member of staff here then, so it was taken up first thing on Tuesday morning. At this point we should have replied to you to say we were dealing with your support request.

Since then you have been in contact with a support engineer and exchanged a few emails. As far as I'm aware, this case is being dealt with to the best of our abilities.

If there is anything else we can do, then please let me know...

Dr_Zeus

Post by Dr_Zeus »

Hi Steve,

The support has been good once it started. My software is registered now but there still appears to be a problem with licence activation. Hopefully David can look at it next week and advise me where I go next. For my part it's the frustration of jumping through numerous registration and activation hoops with a geniune product and coming unstuck. I do appreciate why you have them, but when the process gives problems its robs me of fun time with the product.

All the best

Carl

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Carl,

Did you get your license problem sorted in the end?

Dr_Zeus

Post by Dr_Zeus »

Ben & All,

Yes I did thank you :)

I had two issues

1. After installation of Flowcode 4 from the cd I entered the licence code son the sticker in the cd case, however despite numerous attempts my installation flat refused to accept it. Cue half a dozen de-installs and re-installs without success.
Somewhat oddly Matrix tech support were able to install in the same manner and use the licence code, this was on an XP installation. A workaround was found and the installation completed [+]

2. When trying to install to Windows 7 Ultimate system I got caught out by UAC and needing to be an administrator to enter the registration details.

So now I'm happy, thanks to those who contributed ideas and tech support for their help.

Carl