verification of pic code

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

verification of pic code

Post by Steve001 »

Morning all,

Is there way check the compiled code on the pic to my compiled flowcode program to see if they are the same ?

or is it upload in mplab and check line by line ? or is there a better way ?

Steve
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: verification of pic code

Post by Steve »

You can use PPPv3 to extract the program from the micro and then save it as a HEX file. Then you can use a file-compare tool to see what differences there are.

But this is not guaranteed to work as there may be subtle differences between the HEX files that make file-comparison difficult.

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

thanks for that steve,

i wish to check my program, as a prototype that i made has failed during a test.
first thoughts where that the lcd display had failed as nonsence was displayed but replacing this made no differance.

I think a have a issue with EMF but would like to see what's happened to my program if i can

steve

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Is the LCD on a ribbon cable or on flying leads by any chance? I think someone posted on the forums a while ago about how to condition cables over a few cm to allow the LCD to work.

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

Hello benj,

My circuit is admittably made on vero boards that plug together through headers, the display and switches are at the front behind is my pic and behind that again is the power supply and a relay output and the analogue inputs.
This circuit has been working ok till now.
This is a prototype multi temperature measurement project that looks at circuit breaker connections to see if they are getting hot.
The test that was carried out on a 630 Amp circuit breaker that was connected to a busbar running at 3200Amps. Both these where running at 100% load

I am not certain but think that the magnetic fields that where generated have damaged the pic or scrambled it. I am looking to try and find out what has happened and why.

Steve

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

just looked at it now, cannot upload contents (looks like pic is blank) ? think i have just answered my question
micro has had it :(

steve