V5 upgrade issues

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Ondra

V5 upgrade issues

Post by Ondra »

Good day all I just upgraded to version 5.
I tried to compile an old program that was created in V4
In version 4 the program compiles fine. with some warning.
I V5 I get a compile error with no detail as to the location of the error.
below is the error I get.

PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(748): Illegal redefinition of symbol: MX_UART_RTS_PORT_2
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(930): Illegal redefinition of symbol: MX_UART_RTS_PORT_3
C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_UART.c(212): UART Baud Rate not supported in Software Mode
C:\Program Files\Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC\PIC_CAL_UART.c(212): UART Baud Rate not supported in Software Mode
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10776): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10795): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10814): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10833): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10852): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10871): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10890): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10909): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10928): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10947): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10966): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(10985): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(11004): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(11023): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(11042): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(11061): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(11080): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(11099): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(11118): WARNING: This interrupt has previously been enabled, so the macro <Inter_Counter> may never get called.

5 errors detected
Error: preprocessing error

failure

........Return code = 1
Flowcode was unable to compile the flowchart's C code due to the following errors:

If your flowchart contains C code, please review this carefully. If your flowchart contains no C-code or you have thoroughly reviewed the code, contact Technical Support.

FINISHED

Ondra

Re: V5 upgrade issues

Post by Ondra »

OK It looks like I found 3 of the errors. I only have 2 don't know where to look.
Also I tried posting in V5 and received a msg that I could not post to that forum.
Ondra

PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(748): Illegal redefinition of symbol: MX_UART_RTS_PORT_2
PebbleLCD_Pic_IPRev1V4b_ethernetLCD.c(930): Illegal redefinition of symbol: MX_UART_RTS_PORT_3

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. We will look into the v5 forum issue tomorrow, as you should be aable to log on if you have registered v5 (as far as I know).

The 5 errors you have are:

Are you using custom C code? A lot of the definitions havve been moved from component generation so if you are this may be an issue. We can have a more detailed look at this tomorrow morning - in the meantime if you can, it would be a help to post your Flowcode (FCF) file, and also the generated C file. This will help get some context on what might be causing the errors.

Cheers,

Jonny

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello Ondra,

If you want to post in the v5 forums please follow the instructions below, we will hopefully have a better system implemented for the next release.

---------------------------------------------------

To have your account upgraded to be a "Flowcode V5 User" please use this contact page:- Web Contact Form

- Please select the Forum Activation topic from the first drop down menu
- Please include in the reply two things:-

Forum Username
Last 6 characters of your CD-Key (received in the Flowcode v5 email)

Currently this way of activating on the v5 forums is temporary and will be improved in an upcoming Flowcode v5 patch, please bear with us in the meantime!

---------------------------------------------------

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Thanks guys. I looking at the errors is there anything in particular I should be looking for?
Where in the c code and what situation would generate these error?

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. I have looked through the code and all instances of 'MX_UART_RTS_PORT_2' look to be pretty secure. These are in the components so in order to investigate this further we would need to know which components you have added.

Is it possible for you to post your FCF file? If the content is sensitive, you can PM me, Steve, Dave or Ben and it will be treated with confidence.

Cheers,

Jonny

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

I created a test file to try and isolate the issue I'm having here is the file.
As You will notice the file does not compile.

Ondra
Attachments
V5_USART_test.fcf
(10 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Ondra,
I have posted a fix here:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... 47&t=10122

Fingers crossed :)

Martin
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Cheers Martin, was just posting that! Martins fix should work fine - we will have this fixed in the next release.

Jonny

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Sorry Jonny hope I did not tread on your toes. Your the master of Flowcode compared to me.
If you like I will wait a bit longer before jumping in. :)

Martin
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Not at all, feel free to fix em all! Especially as I'm meant to be cooking tea at the moment...

Jonny

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

JonnyW wrote:Not at all, feel free to fix em all!
I wish :lol:
I'm nowhere near that cleaver :P

I have noticed you do look at these forums at all sorts of times in the day and the evening.

I'm surprised you get time to make the tea :lol:
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Ah, I'm sure if anyone could get em then you could. Yeah, itts non-stop. My hobby as far as programming goes is compiler design. Thing is when I am rebuilding my compilers it takes several minutes from a clean build, so its nice to have a distraction in the forum. Problem is it can be a little too distraction at times.

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Thanks guys for the quick response. I'll give a try.

Ondra