18LF46K80 USART2 flowcontrol Not working

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Ondra

18LF46K80 USART2 flowcontrol Not working

Post by Ondra »

Good day I have an existing project that I just upgraded from an 18F2680 to a 18LF46K80 for what ever reason I can not get the Flow control to work correctly.
I created a simple program that transmits data out one port to a second chip, then reads the same data coming in on the rx pin. Without flow control it works correctly with flow enabled nothing. The issue is with USART 2. I've been working with setup for years so I'm sure I have it correct. 2 questions I have: -
1) If I incorrectly crossed the flow control pin RTS to RTS and CTS to CTS could or would this damage the port pins?
and if so how can I test to confirm.
2) Looking at the selection of chip does flowcode fully support the chip?
3) Could there be some setting that not correct.
4) Can I use the selected pins I have chosen for the flow control pins.
5) Do you have any other commendations.

Thanks in advance.
Ondra
Attachments
TestPebble46K80_V4.fcf
(15 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

Ondra

Re: 18LF46K80 USART2 flowcontrol Not working

Post by Ondra »

To take this further I did some simple test using a new chip. I discovered that Port c and d are not responding to the programing. I think this is
a bug. Can someone look into this for me? I have attached another version of the first file.
Thanks in advance.

Ondra
Attachments
ComLEDTest46K80_V4.fcf
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Can anyone give me some feed back on this issue?

Ondra

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

One component is set to UART2, which is on pins D6 and D7. You have flow control on pins A4 and A5.

The other component is set to use a software UART, using pins A1, A2, A3 and A4.

Is this what you are expecting?

We do not have this particular chip here, so we are limited in what we can do to test this. Can you produce a very simple program that exhibits the problem and post this please.

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Yes and No. I placed code at the top just to test the out put after I had no success getting flow-control to work.
I have attached a simplified version. for some reason Portc and d wont do a simple flash Port e works fine.

Ondra
Attachments
TestPebble46K80_V4.fcf
(5 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Today's Friday and I'm so hopping you can help me with this before you finish for the week end.

Ondra

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Your first icon is a "while 3", which essentially means "loop forever" because "3" equates to "true". Could this be the problem?