HTTP request variables update

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Ondra

HTTP request variables update

Post by Ondra »

Can anyone help me. I am working on a project using the TCP/IP component.
I have coded a web page with a list of variables I need updating. The way the page is setup when ever I want to up date the variables I would type as an example: -

www.http://mywebsitename.com/reading1=n ... newreading

This is just an example. Using Flowcode Can someone give me an example of how I would include the readings variable in the page call. By the way the page returns no information back to the pic.

Thanks in advance

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Ondra

You could use the UDP protocall to transmit data to the PIC. This could then update the webpage and initiate a page refresh. If you need the UDP examples then let me know.

Ondra

Post by Ondra »

Thanks benj.
Yes I would like the UDP examples. That would help with the second part of what I want to do.
Back to my original request. I think I might have not stated my goal correctly. What I am trying to do is get the information from the pic to my page located on a remote site. The page is already setup so that when the page is call it will run some coded using the variables supplied by the pic. In its simplest form appending the ".com/variable=some_number" after the page address gets the variable into the working code. If you have any examples on how I could do this using Flowcode could you also include it. again thanks for your help.
Thanks again.

Ondra

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

You could use a scripting language such as php on your webpage to query the pic's webpage and pull out the variable information. This way the PIC program does not need to change and the computer serving your site can handle the regular expression to retreive the variables.

If you send an email to ben@matrixmultimedia.co.uk then I will reply with the TCP/IP example files.