GLCD's, a mistery treasure!!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

407charles

GLCD's, a mistery treasure!!

Post by 407charles »

There is not any better data output than a GLCD display, but only when it works!! So far I tried the ILI9341 and a SSD1289 and neither work. I'm using the Arduino uno and the Arduino mega 2560. I got this displays from ebay, and so far no success with them. I'm wondering if any of you guys have any of this components working. I'm starting to believe that there is a problem with this flowcode software components because they don't display anything. So far, I just got the 20 X 4 liquid display and the SSD1306 oled 0.96 inch (this one works slow but at least it works). The SSD1289 is a 16 bit parallel display which it should work because there is no timing issues as the SPI. However, it does not work. it's frustrating to just have this two displays functioning. Can somebody tell me which other display works with Flowcode? It supposed to work with all the components listed but seems to be a false statement. Can somebody share some information about this issue?? I will appreciate your help. I just want to find out which displays are available to work with Flowcode. Thanks a lot for your help.

STibor

Re: GLCD's, a mistery treasure!!

Post by STibor »

Hello!

The SSD1289 graphic LCD requires a 3.3V logic supply.
Arduino Mega 2560 logic voltage to 5V.
Do you use 5V <-> 3.3V voltage converter shield? Etc. http://www.hobbielektronika.hu/forum/ge ... ?id=233929
The linked Arduino shields port assignment is random, Flowcode data ports (data port low) (data port high) "in full" as the port handled, so the Arduino TFT shield is not compatible with Flowcode system (if the glcd data port will be set individual bits from It will be compatible).
It GLCD reset input of the controller is to control, configure logical high level before initialization.

Flowcode4 and 5: http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 516#p34325
Flowcode6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb3XcMVckA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df_FUASPn_c

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot for your reply, The property panel does not show a connection point for the reset just data (high and low byte), read, write, reg s and chip select. How is the connection for the reset pin done? I got a little confuse. Maybe is why the screen does not respond except for the back light command. By the way, I connect the Vcc pin to 3.3V on the board (it has a 3.3 output point) and the back light to the 5V with a resistor in series, and I'm not using the shield just wires straight to the display. Thanks a lot again and I will appreciate if you have an example or just to explain what you mean for the reset pin. Happy new year!

Bachman

Post by Bachman »

Try to connect the Reset pin to Vcc (3.3 V) or GND. Do not leave floating because it can generate continuous resets on the display.

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Do you have success working with this GLCD display? I appreciate the tip I'm going to try that to see what happens, it will be grate to have it working since is a component of affordable price and availability, also the size it's perfect for a professional application. Thanks a lot and happy new year. I will let you know guys the result of this project.

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot STibor, is exactly what it was going on. I just add an output to pin 52 (B1) before initialization and it work. Fantastic!!! I really appreciate the time to help me. I hope I can return the favor. Thanks a lot guys!!! I'm posting this silly program for users who want to test this display, it looks awesome!!! Thanks again for all the support. Now I can have my project going!!!
Attachments
BIG_DISPLAY.fcfx
Arduino Mega and SSD1289
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 336 times