Re-activate BoostC license after V6 re-install?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

GTF

Re-activate BoostC license after V6 re-install?

Post by GTF »

Hi All,

I have a Pro license for V6 and that is showing correctly when I click on view licenses. But when I try to compile BoostC shows "Single user Lite License (Unregistered) for 0 node(s), Limitations: PIC18 max code size:8192 bytes, max RAM banks:2, Non commercial use only" How do I get this activated again? I have already repeated the FC activation process several times.

Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Re-activate BoostC license after V6 re-install?

Post by Benj »

Hello,

That seems strange, have you tried to upgrade BoostC or anything similar to effect it?

What version of Windows are you running?

It might be worth trying to do a repair installation of Flowcode or for a no nonsense approach you can do an uninstall, delete the Flowcode directory and reinstall.

GTF

Post by GTF »

Hi Ben,

Windows 10, but I had to re-install it. I haven't done anything with BoostC. Have already tried uninstall, delete FC folder(copied elsewhere first to save my macros etc) and re-installed V6. Is there anything else I need to delete?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

That sounds pretty good to me. You could also delete the registry hive too if you want but this shouldn't be required.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MatrixMM\FlowCodeV6

Might be worth running Flowcode in admin mode before you activate so that it has all the permissions it needs to register BoostC.

GTF

Post by GTF »

Thanks Benj.

Run as Admin seemed to do the trick for re-licensing BoostC.

I also found that the latest version of Vipre Advanced Security blocks compilation so that it appears that the preprocessor just keeps running forever. If I untick "Block potentially malicious processes" in Vipre, compilation proceeds successfully.

Grant