Again LORA datasheet E32-868-T20D

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 8.

Moderator: Benj

MJU

Again LORA datasheet E32-868-T20D

Post by MJU »

In this topic I asked about a few things about the E32-868 LORA module. viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21281

I'm trying to make a simple TX and RX Flowcode project, but again I don't get it.
The datasheet isn't that good and there aren't enough examples to make them work.
Datasheet: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... sGuQyA_XLz_

I have set the settings first to TX high address 0x00 and low adress 0x01
I have set the settings first to RX high address 0x00 and low adress 0x02
And both channel 0x04

If I start sending data nothing happens. There is no reply
If I add the 0xFFFF and 0x04 for the channelnumber
Nothing is received.

I have set the settings first to TX high address 0xFF and low adress 0xFF
I have set the settings first to RX high address 0xFF and low adress 0xF
And both channel 0x04

And I send data, again nothing is received.
Both cases, with the start of the transmission, the aux pin of the sender goes low and rises after sending.
Only at the receiver side.. nothing is received..

Any ideas for
1- The HIGH and LOW address of the TX
2- The HIGH and LOW address of the RX
3- The channel settings for both RX and TX
4- The way I need to start sending data (do I need to send the HIGH/LOW/Channel data first?

Anyone an idea from reading the datasheet?

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Again LORA datasheet E32-868-T20D

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

I'm very keen to hear about your progress with these modules and will probably obtain a couple for myself to have a play once I get back.

I trust that you can now send and receive status requests and can confirm the setup of each module by issuing the appropriate command. Could you post the config of your Tx and Rx modules? Maybe there is an easy to overlook mistake in one. Numerous times I can't see the wood for the trees :)

I would be tempted to try one of the broadcast examples and it appears that there are a few ways to do so. You can either send a packet with the broadcast header address of 0xFFFF (0xFFFF/Channel Number/Data) and all receivers with the same channel number will accept (note that the Tx/Rx modules themselves do not use 0xFFFF or 0x0000 as their physical addresses), or you can set the addresses of the modules themselves to the broadcast address.

From the sheet it looks like to monitor all broadcasts on Channel 0x04:-

Setup your receiver with High / Low of 0xFF to give a broadcast address of 0xFFFF
Set the Channel Number to 0x04.
Set the Mode to 0 (M0=Low)

This should now put the module in Transparent Mode and it should receive all packets using channel 0x04

Set your transmitter with any address except 0xFFFF or 0x0000 such as 0x0001
Set the Channel Number to 0x04

This should now put the module in Transparent Mode and transmit whatever is received on it's input pin.

When you send some test data, the Aux pin on the Tx should go Low during transmission. At the receiver it doesn't appear to have any purpose so I guess the only thing to do is monitor the output pin for activity using your analyser.

Do you get any activity with the above?
Hope this helps.
Regards

MJU

Post by MJU »

chipfryer27 wrote:Hi

I'm very keen to hear about your progress with these modules and will probably obtain a couple for myself to have a play once I get back.

I trust that you can now send and receive status requests and can confirm the setup of each module by issuing the appropriate command. Could you post the config of your Tx and Rx modules? Maybe there is an easy to overlook mistake in one. Numerous times I can't see the wood for the trees :)

I would be tempted to try one of the broadcast examples and it appears that there are a few ways to do so. You can either send a packet with the broadcast header address of 0xFFFF (0xFFFF/Channel Number/Data) and all receivers with the same channel number will accept (note that the Tx/Rx modules themselves do not use 0xFFFF or 0x0000 as their physical addresses), or you can set the addresses of the modules themselves to the broadcast address.

From the sheet it looks like to monitor all broadcasts on Channel 0x04:-

Setup your receiver with High / Low of 0xFF to give a broadcast address of 0xFFFF
Set the Channel Number to 0x04.

This should now put the module in Transparent Mode and it should receive all packets using channel 0x04

Set your transmitter with any address except 0xFFFF or 0x0000 such as 0x0001
Set the Channel Number to 0x04

This should now put the module in Transparent Mode and transmit whatever is received on it's input pin.

When you send some test data, the Aux pin on the Tx should go Low during transmission. At the receiver it doesn't appear to have any purpose so I guess the only thing to do is monitor the output pin for activity using your analyser.

Do you get any activity with the above?
Hope this helps.
Regards
Not for now :-(
I've tied several setting, but still no reply...
I will send you my Flowcode project so maybe you see something I don't

Again, many many thanks for your support!!

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi

Replied with a couple of suggestions.

Regards

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

It helps others if the dialogue is in the forum. If the code is sensitive then please provide some information on how things should be done so others can learn as well.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

chipfryer27
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by chipfryer27 »

Hi Kersing

Flight being called so very briefly, I agree with you that we should share findings and once working it would be my intent to say what worked in a further post.

Regards

MJU

Post by MJU »

kersing wrote:It helps others if the dialogue is in the forum. If the code is sensitive then please provide some information on how things should be done so others can learn as well.
You know me Kersing.
You'be helped me a great deal already in the past and I appreciate this.
I've helped others on this forum (and many other forums) too.

But, the way I work is a path that might be strange for other people.
I can work on something that doesn't work for months, let it rest for two months and then start all over again.

Please let us not start these kinds of comments on each other, let us be constructive.
If you've read some of my posts you know that I don't like the lack of sharing results in public.
I've always done so and I always will share my results. I hope that other do so too.

I really appreciate the input of people in anything other people ask, but don't let me share every stupidity I'm making, errors I make, misreading of datasheets and so on.

As soon as I get results I will share these with all of you..

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

Guys, no need to feel offended. I’m just asking to keep the other forum members up to date with developments so we can learn as well. I understand the frustration of not getting things to work very well, I’ve been there many times, even a couple of times last week while working on a project at work. Luckily my colleagues got some of my silly mistakes (and I got some of theirs) so we were able to make progress. (No it was not flowcode related)

BTW, reading and understanding chenglish data sheets is an art form. :D
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

MJU

Post by MJU »

I need to review a few things before I can go further.

Still the project doesn't work after all the suggestions.
I've searched and the powersupply is critical.
The distance of the TX and RX is something to watch.
Apparently they cannot be to close within each others range...

I'm going to look for all these items and maybe search for a few Arduino projects with these modules to see what they send...