Autosave does not appear to be working[Resolved]

Moderator: Benj

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Autosave does not appear to be working[Resolved]

Post by medelec35 »

After showing how to enable autosave here,
I thought I would test to see if working.
Tested by adding an additional C code block, then waited for twice the autosave set time period.
I could see that an additional .fcbx file was generated and the flowchart I was modifying temporary change extension to .fcbx

Restarted PC without saving flowchart.
None of the flowcharts including .001 and .fcbx contained the additional C code block.
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Autosave does not appear to be working

Post by Steve »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for looking into this. I've just tested it here and it seems to work fine for me with the latest (v8.2.1) release.

However, I think I can see what the issue is. The .fcbx file contains the backup, but this is only updated if Flowcode is not currently simulating at the time the autosave is scheduled. This is obviously a bug and I'll get it fixed for the next version of Flowcode.

The intended behaviour is that the .001 file is updated each time the project is saved (so is essentially the previously saved version of the file) and the .fcbx is automatically saved at the specified interval period.

Please let me know if you're seeing a different problem to this.

Regards,
Steve.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

For info, I have changed it so that the autosave happens at the set period, and if it's simulating at the time then it will autosave as soon as simulation is stopped.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Steve,
I have double checked and yes it does autosave.
I was a bit too keen to reset PC and what I did not realise is from the timer starts from when you see the fcbx in the top of Flowchart.
I was wrongly assuming time starts from when you first see the * for the Autosave set period

What appears to happen is from when you first see the * there is a timer set for Autosave time/2
Then the .fcbx appears for the full Autosave time.
Ater autosave time/2 + autosavetime has elapsed then the 001 file is updated with the changes.

For example if Autosave is set for 300 second, then from when you first make a change to flowchart, the 001 is updated 150+300 = 450 seconds later.

Now I know that, I'm happy with the Autosave function.
Martin