Components not registered

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

bfromero

Components not registered

Post by bfromero »

I recently purchased an update for Flowcode V5 and it looks and feels wonderful; definitively a much nicer, efficient and rich interface.

I have had problems with components such as LEDs, switches and other input and output components.
1.) When opening a project from Flowcode V4 i get a message claiming that a component can't be loaded because it is not registered in the machine.
2.) When attempting to place an LED or a switch or any other input or output I get a message that claims that there has been a problem loading the component.

I have tried the suggestions posted on the forum regarding Flowcode V4, but they don't work in Flowcode V5 in my case.

What could be the possible workarounds or solutions to these problems?

Best regards.

Sytem: Windows 7 - 64-bit

JonnyW

Re: Components not registered

Post by JonnyW »

Hi there. Thats odd. I remember seeing problems like this when we were in an Alpha release, around September time but have not seen them since. Steve is the expert as far as the components go so I'm sure he will have a few suggestions for fixing this.

Not much has changed in terms of component registration from v4 to v5 so Im surprised there is no v4-esqe fix.

One thing that may help with the problem tomorrow is here is a file written in v5 with an LED array and a switch bank in it (and nothing else). Can you see if this loads OK and let us know?
empty_v5_coms.fcf
LED array and switch bank
(8 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Cheers,

Jonny

bfromero

Post by bfromero »

I solved the problem.

For users that may find this issue in the future:
- I realized that the components needed to be registered by the installer on the Windows registry; thus, I figured out that my anti-spyware had something to do with this. Indeed it did.
- I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor and this software seems to block installations before.
- It may have somtehing to do with the fact that Flowcode V4 had the same components registered before.

Solution
- Uninstall Flowcode V5.
- Turn off your anti-spyware software.
- Restart the PC.
- Install Flowcode V5 again.
- Turn back ON your anti-spyware software.

Thank you JonnyW for your concern and prompt response.

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Good news - thanks for letting us know!

Jonny