The PIC16(F)L88 STORY - nearly there ....

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

The PIC16(F)L88 STORY - nearly there ....

Post by christoph »

Hi Benj and Martin,

I didn't have to go to Microchip because it turned out that having realised that the problem was with the Rx LF88 (but the Tx LF88 was working OK), I made a minor change to exactly match the Rx with the Tx settings but it didn't seem to solve the problem. I now discover that it DID fix the problem because I transferred the chip to another project and realised it was not working correctly so I tried a new LF88 in the current project and it all worked fine - proving the LF88 CAN be programmed OK using the F88 in the device list.

If you see the attachments Martin (who kindly posted them for me originally) - or anyone who might know: I need to have 12 switch to LED signals (instead of the 6 I have been using up till now) which means I need to use Port 'B'. I am not using anything like LCD etc. on port B. I've had no trouble doing 13 switch/LED's in the earlier/more complicated methods I was using but I cant do it with these beautifully simple .fcf 's of Martins', which I would like to stick with. I tried simply inserting port B following A, then using the RS232 twice in the loop (once for port A then again for port B) and inserting a delay etc. but either they didn't simulate as intended or didn't work when programmed. Any assistance gratefully received

Cheers,

Chris :)
LF88 Tx.fcf
(8.5 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
LF88 Rx.fcf
(10 KiB) Downloaded 246 times