Simple chip settings?

Moderator: Benj

MJU

Simple chip settings?

Post by MJU »

Before Flowcode 5 there was an option to set "simple" chip settings.
Only the target chip (with autodetect), the oscilatortype (RC/Xtal/Internal) and the watchdogtimer could be chosen in this menu.

I can't find it in Flowcode 5 anymore, only the "expert" settings.
In a Flowcode 5 movie on the MatrixMultimedia website I see "chip" in the Menu, in my version (Dutch 5.1.0.0 pro) I can't find these simple settings.
Where has it gone?

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Simple chip settings?

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi

It does look as though the simple screen has been removed.
If in the advanced config screen you click the options button at the bottom, the PPP options screen opens and the use simple config is grayed out.
This is how you would get back to it in FC4.
So I imagine Matrix have removed that for some reason. Im sure they will reply with a reason after the Easter break.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hey guys,

Yeh we decided to remove the simple configuration screen as we had a significant amount of people exceptionally confused with the simple config screen and how it worked with the advanced configuration screen, we have for a chunk of the most used chip types (at least by us) put in 'default' config settings.

It may be something we put back in as an option in the future but for the moment sorry its gone :(

MJU

Post by MJU »

DavidA wrote:Hey guys,

Yeh we decided to remove the simple configuration screen as we had a significant amount of people exceptionally confused with the simple config screen and how it worked with the advanced configuration screen, we have for a chunk of the most used chip types (at least by us) put in 'default' config settings.

It may be something we put back in as an option in the future but for the moment sorry its gone :(
Too bad! :-)