ADSB Airplane Tracker v1.0

Tips, Tricks and methods for programming, learn ways of making your programming life easier, and share your knowledge with others.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Jordy101091

ADSB Airplane Tracker v1.0

Post by Jordy101091 »

Hi to all the users of matrixmultimedia,

I want to proudly present to you, my newest project.
The ADSB Airplane Tracker.

Here is a Quote from the article that I have written.
The ADSB Airplane Tracker will be used as the name suggested to track airplanes. This whole system is based on the information broadcasted by airplanes. This information contains the following:

 Longtitude
 Latitude
 Altitude
 Heading
 Speed
 And other information

For this system to work I will use the following info thats is provided by ADSB, these are the Longtitude, Latitude and Altitude information.
I also need the position of the system it self, therefore I will use a GPS Unit that lets the system know where it is.
With this information I can calculate the two different angles that are needed to drive the stepper motors.
To make the calculations and the result of that as precise as possible I need to use floating point or single precision numbers. For a PIC-micro controller this is hard work and takes up a lot of its memory, therefore I will be using a PC to make the calculations and send these result to the slave system via RS232.
With visual basic I have made a GUI (Graphic User Interface) with this program you can simply enter all the necessary information and send this to the slave system. Therefore the PC is the Host System.
I also have made some additional software for calculating what the best specifications need to be for a heatsink.

I hope you have a basic idea what this project is all about. Have fun reading it and I hope you learn something to.

If you have any questions related to this project/ article, feel free to PM, or reply to me.

Regards Jordy Kleian

{Update Listed Here}

[14-05-2012]
  • Added ADSB Airplane Document V1(Part 1).pdf
    added Peak Load Current Dip Switch Setting.xlsx
    Added Heatsink Calculator V1.exe
Download the latest files here: ADSB Airplane Tracker V1 Update 14-05-2012.rar
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price