V5 Erro Message

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

V5 Erro Message

Post by jollybv »

Hi Guys

I have just installed V5 i am now trying to program a PIC16F886 using my HP 488-00-3 board but it is giving me a Error message (Failed to get data for CONFIG8L) What should i do

Brian

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: V5 Erro Message

Post by kersing »

jollybv wrote: I have just installed V5 i am now trying to program a PIC16F886 using my HP 488-00-3 board but it is giving me a Error message (Failed to get data for CONFIG8L) What should i do
Have you tried searching the forum (top right corner of the browser window) for this error?

Here is a solution for cases where it is caused by multiple versions of the programmer software (PPP) on the same PC.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jollybv »

Hi guys

Still have a small problem i am able program but it is taking a hell of a long time it go to

Starting preprocessor: C:\PROGRA~1\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\pp.exe "Relay Board V 0.5.1.c" -i C:\PROGRA~1\Flowcode\v5\Tools\boostc\include -d _PIC16F886 -la -c2 -o "Relay Board V 0.5.1.pp" -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16 -d _CHAR_INDEX

then takes 20 odd minute's to go to link assembler then a few seconds to assemble and program the chip can anyone tell me what to do as this is making my development time very long.

Brian

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Brian,

Are you using any specific antivirus or internet security software that may be slowing down compilation? Another thing to check would be the processes view of the task manager to see if anything else is claiming the CPU runtime.

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jollybv »

Hi Benj

Will go check that out and let you know

Brian

jollybv
Flowcode v5 User

Post by jollybv »

Hi Benj

Thanks for the help the problem was Kaspersky it was taking up 70% of the processor speed when i shut it down it programmed in seconds.

Brian