Windows 8

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

trisbillers

Windows 8

Post by trisbillers »

Hi, All,

Has anyone taken the leap to, Windows 8 and if so how is Flowcode working with the change over.

As I am looking to upgrade but am a bit hesitant if flowcode does not play well with windows 8.

thanks

Tristan

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 8

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi
I have tried the Windos 8 release canditate and had problems with it.
Not heard if Matrix have proceded any more with getting it to work

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... +windows+8
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hello. No, we have not tested Flowcode with Windows 8 as yet.

Obviously it will have to come but from the sounds of what John has found the development effort will be in the drivers, not Flowcode.

Personally (and Flowcode aside), I try not to upgrade a Windows version without it being established for some time - Microsoft doing what they do I can only imagine how many patches and upgrades will need to be installed before Windows 8 settles down.

As Windows 8 is now available we will be looking at the drivers and hopefully making Windows 8 versions available, but I can't give any definitive time-lines at this stage.

Cheers,

Jonny

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

I've had a look at the latest Microchip device drivers and they have not changed so we cannot upgrade our drivers to match.

I also looked at the contents of the INF file to check there was nothing specific to windows 7 and I can't see anything so not sure why the 64-bit driver isn't working with Windows 8 as the mechanisms should be identical in that if it works in 7 or Vista it should be fine with 8.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Is it possible to run the 64-bit driver installation executable in compatibility mode for windows 7 or Vista? You can probably do this by right clicking the exe, selecting properties and using the compatibility tab.