Arduino MEGA

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

billduck

Arduino MEGA

Post by billduck »

I followed the instructions at <http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=68&t=797> for programming the Arduino MEGA 2560. It did not work, as outlined below. It seems that when I select "Compile to hex" that it can not find the hex file. Kind of a chicken and egg problem. I have attached the complete text file for the errors. I tried to upload the FCS file for the chip, but could not.

avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: reading input file "Prototype_Serial LCD_Buttons_ArduinoMEGA.hex"
avrdude.exe: error opening Prototype_Serial LCD_Buttons_ArduinoMEGA.hex: No such file or directory
avrdude.exe: input file Prototype_Serial LCD_Buttons_ArduinoMEGA.hex auto detected as invalid format
Attachments
Prototype_Serial LCD_Buttons_ArduinoMEGA.msg.txt
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 240 times

dazz

Re: Arduino MEGA

Post by dazz »

Hi bill

Sorry i missed this post, i've attached an fcs file,unzip it and import it into flowcode from the compiler screen try again and let us know if it works.
Are you trying to compile from flowcode to the chip, also check your permissions on the folder that you want to create the hex file in

Regards
Dazz

Edited 18/01/13 removed fcs as wrong, new one later in thread dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

billduck

Post by billduck »

I did load the *.fcs file. Compile to chip failed - "invalid baud rate specified". The error message is attached. I have not figured out how to "check your permissions" in the file folder. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.
Attachments
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi

a few more things to try, register flowcode as i noticed your msg.txt says unregistered, and try again, go into the compiler screen and remove the v2 so it says stk500, try again

As for permissions
right click the flowcode folder on your desktop, select properties then select the security tab
in the screen that came up in the top bit is your username click on it, then look to the bottom bit and it will show via tick boxes how the permissions are set, if all boxes are not ticked, theres an edit button click it ,select your account again and then put a tick in full permissions, look for a box that says include subfolders make sure its ticked and click ok.

let us know how it goes

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

billduck

Post by billduck »

I did as you indicated. Compile to chip failed - "invalid baud rate specified". The error message is attached. I will try it on another computer. I might also add that I have version 5 and 5 installed on my computer.
Attachments
COM_Port.png
This shows the com port. I do not know what R3 means for the MEGA
(37.57 KiB) Downloaded 3012 times
This is the error message.
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Bill
try the attached fcs file(mistake in last one sorry) again unzip and import into compiler screen and save

R3 is just the version of board your using with a few added pins http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardMega2560

hopefully it should work, if not redownload the files from the thread you mentioned put the avr exe file and conf file into your flowcode/v5/tools/usbdude folder, and the avrc_arduinoA file into your flowcode/v5/tools/mxbats folder

Regards
Dazz
Attachments
mega2.zip
(366 Bytes) Downloaded 237 times

billduck

Post by billduck »

Your suggestions got the job done. Thanks mucho.
I was a little bit confused, because the instructions here <http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... 1450#p1450>
did not specify what goes in the fields for batch files for Compiler and Linker. But avra.bat and avrb.bat worked.
So, now being bold, I tried to d/l something to an Arduino UNO. It connected at com9, and the error message is
"avrdude.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "com9": The system cannot find the file specified."
I assume it is not compiling and can not find the c or hex file. I have searched on the forums of assistance with this mC. Do I have to use another FCS file for the UNO?

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Billduck
just modify the mega one, open the compiler options where its says mega, type Uno in the box, where the parameters are change the com to com9. click the save icon next to where you typed uno and you will now have two programmers set up one for the mega and one for the uno, have you updated to 5.5( i submitted a set of parameters for the arduino range) if so i think if you use the pull down box were it says mega the uno may already be there just needs the com port changed and then saving.
let us know if it works if not plavce some screenshots of the compiler options programmer tab andi it still give the cant find serial port message try rebooting your pc

Regards
Dazz

billduck

Post by billduck »

Oops. Somehow, since I downloaded version 5.5. the Arduino Mega will not work. When I select the Mega as the target, I get the message in the attached file. I assume that it happened when I upgraded to version 5.5. I do not know how to restore what I had.
Help,Thanks
Attachments
No Mega 2560.png
(28.27 KiB) Downloaded 2931 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi bill
Place the attached fcd in your flowcode(avr)/v5/fcd folder ,Restart flowcode and try to selectthe mega 2560
let us know how it goes

Regards
Dazz
Arduino Mega 2560.fcd
(21.96 KiB) Downloaded 284 times

billduck

Post by billduck »

I was able to start a new Mega project, by replacing the Mega 2560.fcd file. Thanks.
I was not able to d/l slightly changed program to the chip. The error was "avrdude.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "com8": The system cannot find the file specified." See the attached screen shot.
As the downloader continued to try, I noted that the LCD display indicated kind of a reboot - reboot - reboot....... behavior. I am using an RS232 connection for the LCD, with the connection at TX0. I tried dis-connecting the line to the LCD.
I have attached the program. The good news is that the hex file has been created. What does "The system cannot find the file specified." mean? I assume it does not mean that the hex file can not be found, but that a file associated with opening com8 can not be found??
Attachments
This is the error (text) file.
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Prototype_Serial LCD_Buttons_ArduinoMEGA.fcf_avr
This is the program.
(19.49 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Timeout with Download.png
This is the screen shot.
(92.63 KiB) Downloaded 691 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Bill
it compiled and programmed fine here (see attached msg file). the message you are recieving is because it cant talk to the arduino, first thing is reboot your pc and try again, export your programmer settings from the config screen ,zip it up and attach it on here.

if it doesnt work after reboot, unzip the 2 archives im attaching and place them 1 at a time in their respective folders, so first of all place the conf file in your usb folder and try to program, then the others try to compile between replacing each file, if at any point you are able to compile , please post on here which files were replaced( it helps to know where it goes wrong). its possible one of the files is corrupted. we will get you up and running, the lcd rebooting i would not wory about as its probably the arduino rebooting between trys. If all else fails you are quite welcome to send your arduino to my home address, so i can see if its an arduino or flowcode settings( i will send it back ). another thing to try as a last resort would be to rename the avrdude and con files and copy those two files from your arduino ide into the flowcode folders

Let us know how it goes

Regards
Dazz
MX_bats.zip
(742 Bytes) Downloaded 186 times
AVRDUDEusb.zip
(571.5 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
(2.06 KiB) Downloaded 182 times