Paste option in (right click) Context Menu

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
Jay Dee

Paste option in (right click) Context Menu

Post by Jay Dee »

HI Guys,
Have been playing around with V6 and getting used to the new layout... change is always tough but the future looks interesting. :)

I often copy/paste sections of flowcode
I can right click and select COPY from the contect menu, however when you move to a new location and get the arrow pointing at the insertion point, right click but there is no PASTE option.
Sure you have the PASTE option in the Edit Menu or key CTRL+V
but a context menu PASTE would be preferred for me, I know its a small thing but would make my work flow more fluid.
Keep up the good work guys!
J.

Jay Dee

Re: Paste option in (right click) Context Menu

Post by Jay Dee »

OK, Played a bit more, if you have the previous item selected/highlighted, then you can right click and PASTE. But if your not anywhere below (without it selected/highlighted) I guess the setfocus is not in the right area even with the little insertion arrow being shown..so its no biggie to work around by always clicking on the block above.. J.

JonnyW

Re: Paste option in (right click) Context Menu

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Jay. OK - I think there is some logic in there to prevent paste working if you are not on an appropriate icon, as it may be confusing to right click an area, click paste and have the icon appear elsewhere (where the arrow is). I haven't been in this area for some time so may be wrong, but I think what you describe is by design.

Jonny