FC6 MIDI Compo Custom Change SW->HW Uart.

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Rudi

FC6 MIDI Compo Custom Change SW->HW Uart.

Post by Rudi »

http://wwww.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforu ... 711#p42711

Sorry Benj for this OT Theme but i work in this at FC6 with a simple Test ..and i would test a option for me for a better understanding.

Benj, is there a way to modify the MIDI Compo in FC6 same way?

If i right click in FC6 at Midi Compo there is not possible, if i right click in "Macro" there i can write Custom C.

If i write here a custom Code in C like this

Code: Select all

#define MX_UART_CHANNEL_1 1
#define MX_UART_CHANNEL_2 1
#define MX_UART_CHANNEL_3 1
#define MX_UART_CHANNEL_4 1

would it be modify ?
will it override the definitions to allow me to use the hardware UART
I have not test just in Time...this is only a thinking if i read your posting at FC5.

Thank you again for your Help and Time!

Best wishes

Rudi

;-)

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: FC6 MIDI Compo Custom Change SW->HW Uart.

Post by Benj »

Hello Rudi,

Select the Midi component on the panel ensuring you have the properties window open and the properties for the Midi component will be displayed.

The Channel property allows you to set the MIDI component to use any of the available hardware UART channels as well as the software mode. Using this setting means you shouldn't have to do any hacking around in the underlying C code.

You can even use the Midi component in simulation if you like to generate Midi data to send to Midi devices connected to the PC.

Edit: Just tried changing the property and the only option available is the software option. Hmm I will get this sorted.

Let me know how you get on.