Hello forum friends.

For questions and comments on programming in general. And for any items that don't fit into the forums below.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

SteveM

Hello forum friends.

Post by SteveM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Steve, and as you may have guessed from my Avatar, I'm part of the Matrix team. I though I'd just take five minutes to say, "Hi" to you all.

I've been at Matrix for over five years now - so, why haven't you heard of me before? (besides the fact that I'm a bit shy!). Well, mostly because I'm surrounded by colleagues who are way cleverer than me and are way better placed to answer your questions; and also because, until recently, I had only a very fleeting acquaintance with FlowCode. My main jobs previously were to design and build Matrix's Locktronics and Automatics ranges of products - all stuff of which I'm very proud, but not the kind of things that demand a huge amount of embedded programming!
But for the last few months, I've been working on components and GUI elements for FlowCode6 - in particular the 'simulation' components that allow you to build animated objects using things like the stepper motors and servos etc. The other guys here on the dev' team have helped me get up to speed with FlowCode very quickly, and there are bits of the graphical API that, as the team's 'CAD Monkey', I've delved into more than most - so now I finally feel as if I can come here and make myself useful (would be a change from Ben's posts flying straight over my head all the time!).

Best Regards,
Steve.

ReeceL

Re: Hello forum friends.

Post by ReeceL »

Look at it this way Steve, I only have a fraction of the knowledge that David, and it's mainly been needed when he has been away. :P

You have already beat my record of maximum posts: a whopping total of 1 until this point!

I am sure everyone on the forums will appreciate your the expertise you bring to your field!

On the bright side, I still hold the record for the least posts from Matrix staff! YES! :D

Reece

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

ReeceL wrote:I am sure everyone on the forums will appreciate your the expertise you bring to your field!
I totally agree with that :)
ReeceL wrote:I still hold the record for the least posts from Matrix staff! YES!
On an even brighter side, you also have the least number of thanks for Matrix staff :P
I will help you get the ball rolling...1 thanks from me. :wink: :lol:

Martin
Martin

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

ReeceL wrote:You have already beat my record of maximum posts: a whopping total of 1 until this point!
:lol: He he - if I can manage at least one post a day, I might even be able to catch up with Benj one day...

Hmm, ~7000 posts / 365 =...

...should only take about 20 years!! :shock: