Lighting communication protocols

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
viki2000

Lighting communication protocols

Post by viki2000 »

Hello,

I would suggest/request to add in future, if it is possible, next communications protocols used in many lighting applications:
- DALI
- DMX
- KNX

It would be a valuable tool for many programers and I think will increase the sales of FlowCode.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Lighting communication protocols

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I've had a quick go at DMX Master & Slave and I think I am now pretty much there. Just need to test the code actually works on some hardware.

As for the other two I will add them to the list and see how easy they would be to roll out.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Looking at DALI it also looked quite a simple protocol so I have also generated Master/Slave components to drive this. Again they need some polish but most of the code is in place now.

viki2000

Post by viki2000 »

When you say „I generated Master/Slave components“ what does exactly mean?:
- Would they be included/released in the next FlowCode upgrade or new version? By default? Or attached optional?
- Can we add those components in the existing FlowCode 6 version? Will you upload/publish them here?
- Are they just pieces of software/program or components similar with RS232 or USB or any other default communication components in the existing FlowCode 6 version?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I've got to add a bit of polish and I'm out of the office today so can't do it right now, however the code is now pretty much ready for export to components (e.g. like RS232 or USB).

Both DMX and DALI have master and slave components allowing you to create both master controllers and slave receivers.

They will likely be included in the next release of Flowcode due at the start of Oct but I will probably release them here tomorrow so you can add them into your current installation.

The DMX components will require the "Pro" license type as they utilize the CAL UART component which is already under license. The DALI components are bit banged so I might release them as a sweetener for the chip pack only version.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Here are the exported components. If you give them a go then please let me know how you get on.
DALISlave.fcpx
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
DALIMaster.fcpx
(8.46 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
DMX512Slave.fcpx
(9.28 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
DMX512Master.fcpx
(9.28 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
To add the components to your installation copy the .fcpx file into your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\components" directory and restart Flowcode.