Input Capture- Component

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Input Capture- Component

Post by QMESAR »

Hi All

I need advise as I am inexperienced with FC ,I need to use the Capture Compare module of the PIC18 which is part of the PWM (CCP1 module).
It seems that FC only has a PWM component .

Now my question is which is the correct way to handle this in FC
(1) do I just make and Macro with C code and include it into my Flow diagram
(2) do I create a new component that Initialize the CCP module,setup the pins and do the capture read.

No 2 seems to me to be the correct solution in FC however the information I found in the learning center is very vague on this topic ,is there somewhere a tutorial that starts from scratch till a fully created component
any help or ideas are appreciated.

@Matrix is there any possibility that you could include the Capture modules in FC.The CCP modules are important for capturing pulses and pulse trains

Regards
Peter
Attachments
1.png
(75.41 KiB) Downloaded 1592 times

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Input Capture- Component

Post by kersing »

Hi Peter,

There is not one correct way. I would start by creating a flowchart with the required code to get it working. If at that point you want to reuse the code multiple times you can use the working code to create a component. (BTW, macros can be exported for reuse as well)

A component is basically a flowchart with a macros for the required functionality (initialize, sample, etc) and a set of properties to configure the static parameters (those that will not require changing by the program like the input pin [if applicable])

The disadvantage of starting out with a component is that you have to update the component, export it, open your test program (or reload it if open in a second window), compile, upload, run and check if it works, if not reopen the component to fix the code and start over. Using a single flowchart is less overhead. So I would start with your option 1.

Best regards,

Jac
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Input Capture- Component

Post by QMESAR »

Hi jac

Thank you very much for your view and information.OK I will go for the option 1 for the moment and then maybe also try to export the macro for reuse
:D

Regards
Peter