ECIO Driver isssue in vista

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

ECIO Driver isssue in vista

Post by QMESAR »

Hi Guys

I received my ECIO today and I am not able to get the drivers to run .
I installed the driver for the 32bit machines as per manual windows show that the driver were installed and then I go to device manager as per manual however the device does not show up under the
universal serial bus device therefore I can not run the instillation as mentioned in the manual
any Idea help please

I also tried this on my win 7 machine which is my office machine (not my development machine ) however the same :cry:

I just installed the drivers for EB006V9 with no problem working fine ,I get the impression the driver download only contains the driver for the PIC18 40 pin and not the ECIO40P16 as the driver download date is 2011 and it
refers to only ECIO40 not sure what is happening here

Regards
QMESAR
Attachments
Win 7 machine 32 bit
Win 7 machine 32 bit
3.JPG (75.16 KiB) Viewed 8599 times
2.jpg
vista 32 bit
(134.41 KiB) Downloaded 2410 times
Driver installation
Driver installation
1.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 8599 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ECIO Driver isssue in vista

Post by Benj »

Hello,

This following info is for the ECIO40P.

It is likely the ECIO driver is correctly installed and that the ECIO has left it's re-programming bootloader mode. If you press reset on the ECIO while it is powered then it should appear in the device manager for approx 5 seconds before disappearing again. The LED on the ECIO will be flashing while in bootloader mode.

If you first run the ECIOprog.exe tool from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\tools\ECIOprog" directory then when you reset the ECIO it will remain in bootloader mode until you close the ECIOprog software or click the Execute button.

Normal operation of the ECIO is to compile to chip in Flowcode and this will pop up a message box asking you to connect or reset the ECIO to trigger the programming. Once you have engaged the bootloader the pop up message will automatically disappear, the programming will complete and the bootloader code will step to one side allowing your user program to run.

This following info is for the ECIO40P16.

The 40P16 is a HID based device meaning it does not need a USB driver and will appear in the HID section of device manager while the bootloader is active. Again the bootloader will only fire up for approx 5 seconds on first power up or reset.

Do you have the 40P or the 40P16?

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Benj

I have a 40P16 ECIO

If I open the ECIO programming tool and then reset the device should it connect to the device as this is not happening at all ??
both the ECIO programmer and FC does not find the device,I do press the Reset button at this point

Regards
QMESAR
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (20.36 KiB) Viewed 8590 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (99.21 KiB) Viewed 8590 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The ECIO40P16 only works with the mLoader software.

If you run the mLoader tool then it should automatically detect when you connect the ECIO40P16. Again the flashing LED indicates when the USB bootloader is active and having the mLoader tool open should keep the device in bootloader mode.

If you compile from Flowcode then when the pop up message appears try pressing the reset button on the ECIO40P16 device and this should allow programming to start.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Benj

In flow Code I compiled and when the popup come up I press the reset nothing happens no led what so ever
M loader the same thing I also try to reset the ECIO no led at all

I feel myself a bit stupid with this sorry however none of the things you mentioned in your post are described in the user manual actually the manual is telling to install the driver
perhaps you guys could update the manual by telling which tool to use beside FC and on which ECIO's to install the drivers

Thank you for your assistance I really would like to get the ECIO going

QMESAR
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (64.91 KiB) Viewed 8588 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I'll see what we can do.

Which jumper position is the ECIO currently set to? for it to work just from connecting to the USB it should be in the USB position.

As I say there is no driver installation required for this device.

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Benj

The jumper is in the USB position and the ECIO is plugged into a EB061 with nothing connected to the EB061 besides the USB cable :D
Thanks a million for all your help

Regards
Peter

Update:
I tried the ECIOP16 on 3 machines now with no luck.
Benj would it be ok if I post the board back to you, then you guys can test it ,I am quite sure that something is wrong with this particular board as i said I received the EB006V9 with this ECIOP16 board and I worked last night with the EB006
:D

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Yes I will arrange a returns number for you, they should fire up and be easy to work with so it sounds like something maybe wrong. I'll be in touch via PM with the returns number.

Steve76065

Post by Steve76065 »

If I can hijack this post a bit...I'm trying to use an ECIO40P16 with my Win7-64 machine, and am having the same kind of results that this user had/has...
Is there any suggestion to how to get the ECIO40P16 working where I can at least 'see' it and see that it's working?

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Steve76065 wrote:I'm trying to use an ECIO40P16 with my Win7-64 machine, and am having the same kind of results that this user had/has...
Is there any suggestion to how to get the ECIO40P16 working where I can at least 'see' it and see that it's working?
Hello
when you plugged the ECIO40P16 in for the first time did you see it get installed as an HID device ?
as Ben mentioned this ECIO does not need any drivers it is an HID device and should install automatically ,you can open M-loader and it should show if it is seeing the ECIO40P16 if not then you have to make sure that the boot loader is running on the board with me it was a problem with the boot loader
When you power up the board does the Led flash ?