Flowcode 6.1.0.0 + Arduino Uno R3 + I2C = RESOLVED

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v6 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

ronaldlijs

Flowcode 6.1.0.0 + Arduino Uno R3 + I2C = RESOLVED

Post by ronaldlijs »

Hi there Ben et al,

Simples, Flowcode 6.1.0.0 with Arduino Uno R3. It programs directly perfectly well (I love this new feature = especially fr my son trying the Arduino currently = no need to install any Arduino software! = GREAT!) . I can turn on and off LEDs, all looks fine. Even software SPI seems to work fine. However...

New Flowchart - I2C Master Component
I2C Initialise
I2C Start
I2C Send Something (anything)
I2C Stop

No signal on SCL/SCA, very strange. Troubleshooting:
> If I turn Ports C4/C5 (hardware I2C pins on the Ardunio Uno R3) on an off, I can see a signal fine on the scope, so those pins SCL/SCA are working perfectly well.
> Option of hardware or software I2C doesn't make a difference, no signal coming out of either SCL/SCA. Any speed I use, same thing = no output. I have changed all I2C component options and didn't make a difference.
> If I use I2C software option and tell it to use any other digital pins, same result = no output seen on those pins.
> If I add an SPI software component and tell it to use pins C4/C5, I can see signals coming out of these on my scope.
> If I2C CAL is used = same results = no output at all from pins SCL/SCA

It's very weird, but I think somehow I2C component is broken on the Arduino Uno R3 on FC 6.1 :-( SPI software seems to work just fine.

Best regards,
Ronald
Last edited by ronaldlijs on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronaldlijs

Re: Flowcode 6.1.0.0 + Arduino Uno R3 + I2C = not working

Post by ronaldlijs »

Forgot to mention Ben that when I call Start/Send/Stop I2C commands the program does NOT hang or anything.

I have ensured to put a blinking LED in the loop I created to make sure that there is no hardware lock here.

One more thing, the 2 output lines are LOW all the time, there is no shield on the Arduino, just bare board.

I think I have just answered my own quesiton = need ot check the lines to see if they are pulled up as I2C pulls the line down oposite to what SPI does!!

Will check the hward and come back... but I think this could be the "problem" here :-)

Regards,
R

ronaldlijs

Re: Flowcode 6.1.0.0 + Arduino Uno R3 + I2C = RESOLVED

Post by ronaldlijs »

OK, working now, was the pull up resistors.

Well, I am so used to using SPI on dsPIC and never actually used I2C before :-)

Anyway guys, I bought a nice kit from Seed (Grove Starter Kit for Arduino) and it's really neat for my 9 year old. He's learning Flowcode now and loves the simplicity of it.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Grove- ... -1855.html

I will need to adapt a few things like the I2C RGB LCD and so on, but once I'm done with those components I will share them with everyone :-)

Regards,
Ronald

gstreet

Post by gstreet »

Hi also experiencing I2C issue since the last V6 upgrade using a PIC with the sht21 humidity sensor
Previous version worked well but following the latest upgrade to 6.1.0.0 ;
* wouldn't compile until I replaced PIC CAL file (from forum)
*With channel set to software PicoScope can't decode though I can see a fairly clean single 8bit address signal at the specified interval
*In channel set to Channel 1 (hardware) I get a continuous clock from both lines
Changed the software IO pins and dedicated the entire port without effect

Was something lost in the upgrade?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Please can you post your program so we can investigate the problem.