ECIO28P BootLoader Stall / Stop

For E-blocks user to discuss using E-blocks and programming for them.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Jay Dee

ECIO28P BootLoader Stall / Stop

Post by Jay Dee »

Hi,
Had a small customer project and dropped an ECIO28P in the design. Nothing special in circuit really.

ECIO will only exit the bootloader stage (and go to the main program) when the USB is connected to the PC.
If the device is power directly, with or without 5V power also on the USB, the device will not go to the main program.. seems to wait at the bootloader stage.
If the device is powered and connected to the programming PC the device will boot correctly. Once it has done this the USB can be disconnected without any problems... so i assume it is bootloader related.

1)The Jumper is set to External power, and there is a good smooth 5V supply.
2)I've put plenty of ECIO40P's into projects an not seen this behaviour before.. did not think they were very different?
3)Happens on both ECIO28P I have.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks, John.

Jay Dee

Re: ECIO28P BootLoader Stall / Stop

Post by Jay Dee »

Anyone else seen this bahavior? all other aspects of the ECIO seem to work just fine.
Tried it with two devices so dont think I smoked an input or anything.. will re-check the board again.

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee »

OK, scratch that... found pin RA5 bridged to 5v rail... not sure why this would have held it in bootmode but seems to be OK now.
Ah the joy of deadline approaching! even the little things become a drama! J.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having but glad you managed to resolve them and thanks for letting us know.

Know what you mean about problems coming out the woodwork as the deadline approaches :?

Jay Dee

Post by Jay Dee »

Doh.. what a Prat! :oops:
on the ECIO28 RA5 is connected to 5v on the ECIO board, its part of the USB detect circuit.
For any other ECIO users, note this pin RA5 and MCLR pin are shared by circuitry on the ECIO28. All other I/O pins are free.
J.