Arduino mega, a mega problem!!!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

407charles

Arduino mega, a mega problem!!!

Post by 407charles »

I need to get my Arduino mega 2560 working, I got a project from my university and I need the quantity of outputs available in this controller. I read the forum topic by Benj about this issue and I did everything that is suggested there without success. I need to get this controller working as soon as possible. My Arduino one and nano interface normal with flowcode but the Mega is a Mega trouble! Something a noticed is that the "compiler options" is not taking the changes suggested by Benj:

"Next click the Programmer tab and you will now be able to edit the data in the fields.

Take the Location and change the text to this.

$(appdir)compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat

Take the Parameters and change the text to this.

$(chipalt) stk500 com9 115200 "$(target).hex"

I tried several times but when I opened it again the changes were not retain and It came back to the original settings. I also install the "avrc_arduinoA.bat" file in the right directory but still not able to interface with it. Please I need help with this, this was the whole purpose of buying Flowcode and it's not working as it should and as the advertisement says.

407charles

Re: Arduino mega, a mega problem!!!

Post by 407charles »

Now the communication port matches the communication port used by the Arduino mega, but still the message "Error returned from [avrdude]". Can somebody help me with this????? It's frustrating to don't know how to fix this error. Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi charles
Try using one of the other megas fron the chip menu and see if that works, if it doesn't here's the build parameters i last used.
Dont forget to change the port to match the one your mega is using
<programmer path='$(appdir)compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat'
params='$(chipalt) wiring com7 115200 ";$(target).hex";' />

<configure enable='1'
path='$(appdir)compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat'
params='$(chipalt) wiring com7 115200 ";$(target).

let us know if it works
Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot Dazz, this is what I got so far in the settings:

Location: $(appdir)compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat
Parameters: $(chipalt) wiring com9 115200 "$(target).hex"

It looks the same parameters you send me the only difference is that there is not dot/comma in there. You post this for the parameters line, the other line is the same.
params='$(chipalt) wiring com7 115200 ";$(target).hex";' />

Please let me know what you think, do I need to include the dot/comma on the line? Even with my setting still not working, it just gave the following message:

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% -0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9801

avrdude.exe: stk500v2_command(): command failed

Error returned from [avrdude]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles\avrc_arduinoA.bat reported error code 1

everything else says successful exept the overdude as you can see above.

Please help me with this, is annoying and frustrating. I'm able to upload files from the arduino programming software but not from Flowcode, so I believe my board drivers are ok.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi

The semi colon was my mistake so doesnt need to be added.
The arduinos should work as soon as flowcode is installed as matrix sorted them a while back, so im not sure what is wrong

I know this is not the answer you want but when i had issues a long while back, i used flowcode to compile to hex, then used the program thats attached to transfer the hex to the mega, a quick workaround till you get the issue resolved, sorry i can't be more help but i'm very limited at the moment

Regads
Dazz
XLoader.rar
(443.56 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

dazz

Post by dazz »

hi
forgot to say is your flowcode the latest version, if so try going into board options then change the chip to one of the other mega2560's,
If i have time tomorrow i will remove my mega from the printer it lives in and check it programs ok here
Regards
Dazz

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
This was bugging me as i tried mine and it wouldn't program, so i used a slightly different arduinoA file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles
or
C:\Program Files\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles
Rename your original avrc_arduinoA.bat file to something like avrc_arduinoA11111111111.bat
then paste attached file in it's place,this worked for me

try to program again let us know of it works
it it does credit goes to stregato

Regards
Dazz
avrc_arduinoA.bat
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot Dazz. I don't know how to use the program attached, I tried to opened it but a pop-out came out saying that windows could not open files with .rar domain. please let me know at your convenience. I will appreciate that, so I can started to get my project going until problem get solve. I don't know how is this going to happen because I got no idea either. I hope someone with a similar problem could help as well.
I have seen your last posting, how do I installed the file you send me? could you guide me through? I mean the Arduino.bat file. Do I installed in the directory above in your last posting C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\compilers\avr\batchfiles? I'm not sure of how to get to that directory to rename the file. I know I can save the file you send me by using "save as" and installed it to the directory you are showing above but not the other task as a mention previously. Thanks a lot for your help.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Charles
Download xloader from here http://russemotto.com/xloader/
XLoader is worth installing and keeping as it's superb for loading hex file to arduino

open your flowcode 6 folder see image below no1 in red shows the location of the bat files rename your original avrc_arduinoA.bat as shown by the no2 in red, (that way you can change it back)
1.png
(86.25 KiB) Downloaded 4692 times
Now paste the avrc_arduinoA.bat that is attached to my last post into the folder shown in red no3.
2.jpg
(185.37 KiB) Downloaded 1948 times
restart flowcode and try to program again
Regards
Dazz

forgot to say after doing above you dont need to change anything else just open your chart and program your mega

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Hi Dazz, bad and good news. I accidently deleted the avcr.ArduinoA.bat from the directory, however, I did install the one you send me and now is programming straight to the board!! I have not installed the whole hardware to check the functionality but at least is not showing the error and it says programming successful. Thanks a lot for your help!! I greatly appreciated!! thanks for taking the time to help me about my issue!!