GLCD SSD1289

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

407charles

GLCD SSD1289

Post by 407charles »

It is possible to print ASCII characters with this display? Also, would be possible to upload logos or figures from a computer source? Do somebody knows about this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: GLCD SSD1289

Post by kersing »

For ASCII, have you checked the Print macro? To show bitmaps etc, check these message.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

407charles

Re: GLCD SSD1289

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Thanks for the info about the bitmap to read the card and be able to upload a logo or figure, that is awesome. About the print macro, what I understood is that is used to print a string. The ASCII characters is for making a program to write on the display. For example, sometimes I will need to input straight to the controller a string using a quadrature encoder. I did this before using a 20x4 LCD display, I build a counter with values from 65 to 96 and the display will show from A to ' (upper apostrophe) to name a group of data. I used this kind of controller in my job, for example, if I need a process on an oven that has a baking time of 20 min. an a initial temperature of 350 and the last 10 min. at 450, I can built a recipe containing this data an name it "M&M cookie" and every time I select this recipe data will be set automatically in the right place to start the process. So I need to be able to input numbers and letters using a counter or keypad and not the computer. That's why I need this feature. I work on the industry as a electrical engineer, and 40% of all controls are needed this way.