Flowcode V7 free/trial version

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 7.

Moderator: Benj

electron67

Flowcode V7 free/trial version

Post by electron67 »

Hello,

Install Flowcode V7 free / trial version but when I open it out a window that says flowcode 7.exe is not a valid Win32 application, I have windowXP and does not open. Work flowcode7 con windowXP ?

Thanks
Enrique

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Flowcode V7 free/trial version

Post by kersing »

Flowcode 7 requires vista or newer (no, I won't write better as that is open to discussion ;-) )
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Thanks, Kersing

I think it's time to switch to latest windows or there will be some file to attach flowcode 7 to xp?

Enrique

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I think it will be difficult to get Flowcode v7 to work with XP, but if there is some time I will look into it.

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Hello Steve,

it would be great to be able to work flowcode 7 with XP, I think that many users still have XP

Thanks
Enrique

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

I want to remind everyone still that XP is EndOfSupport since April 2014, two years ago, so its only a fraction of users... --> FC7 64bit support would be much better for most of userbase... :lol:

"If it will still support XP, i want it to support NT!"
Last edited by EtsDriver on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ill just keep the good work up!

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

electron67 wrote: it would be great to be able to work flowcode 7 with XP, I think that many users still have XP
I can not agree with this ,I think this is only your opinion.
XP is EndOfSupport since April 2014, two years ago, so its only a fraction of users
I agree with this user opinion

QMESAR
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by QMESAR »

Steve wrote:I think it will be difficult to get Flowcode v7 to work with XP, but if there is some time I will look into it.
Steve its your company however my penny is that it is a total waste of engineering resources which could be used to expanded on V7 rather trying to revive a dead horse :D

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

We'll only support XP if it's very easy to achieve. It could be as simple as recompiling with different compiler/linker settings.

We will not spend much effort on XP, and I agree with EtsDriver that 64bit support would be better.

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Hello

The problem for me is that I have one or two PCB design programs that have some years using, and would need to switch to other more recent which would have to start learning how to use them to change the operating system :shock:

Enrique

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Anyway it is true, the change sooner or later have to do, only it's a little more spending to upgrade the programs. :(

Thanks
Enrique

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

electron67 wrote:Hello

The problem for me is that I have one or two PCB design programs that have some years using, and would need to switch to other more recent which would have to start learning how to use them to change the operating system :shock:

Enrique
You could consider moving XP to a virtual machine. Some virtualization software includes capabilities to move from hardware to a virtual machine. (Physical to virtual, P2V)

From security point of view you should not use XP these days. Particularly not on a system with Internet connection. I have a milling machine controller that requires XP, can't be virtualized due to timing issues, that system is for stand alone use only...
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Thanks Kersing

I think start by Windows 10, then the other programs, PCB, etc including Flowcode 7

Enrique

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Speaking my personal opinion I would avoid windows 10 it looks like in the near future you will likely have to pay subscription charge. I would go for an oem copy of win7. It actually works with a lot of old legacy software that even xp couldn't handle.

EtsDriver

Post by EtsDriver »

Benj wrote:you will likely have to pay subscription charge.
If i remember correctly PRO or HOME copies were not have this, only the free upgradres were rumored, but the catch is allready in the free upgrade, it is only valid on that specific device (specific devices lifetime, including all components), and no reinstall is possible, with that specific devices and software drivers you had installed? If you reinstall Win10 again after the free upgrade round is over, you need to buy licence. (Atleast this is what i got to be the catch when talking about this with our seller of OEM licenses for our systems.

The real deal of Win10 and its forced updates is that all users will have similar Windows as base, and makes software building easier, as you dont have to worry about user having *this* and *that* update and *1,2,3,4 servicepacks* allready installed. The schooling for creating Win10 applications for Win7 developers was very informative, so i recommend if you guys give a go for it, go listen! :)

I too recommend keeping OEM or Retail key and DVD for Win7 handy for future, as some older equipment might need it...
Not mentioning that i still keep the W2K copy around, as it is working better on some applications than the xp/7 could ever do.. :lol:
Last edited by EtsDriver on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ill just keep the good work up!

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Thanks Benj,

For now had contemplated buying Flowcode 7, but with the change of the operating system were to increase spending many more planned, I appreciate your opinion

Enrique

dazz

Post by dazz »

electron67 wrote:Thanks Benj,

For now had contemplated buying Flowcode 7, but with the change of the operating system were to increase spending many more planned, I appreciate your opinion

Enrique

HI Enrique
After reading the post from Benj heres a link for you about charges
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... usinesses/

In Win 10 you also need to change privacy settings ,this is a annoying task as theres loads of pages of settings to switch off otherwise you will have paid a fortune for spyware :( link below
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 32300.html

Also if you install don't use cortana as that gathers data checks emails and does all sorts of other weird stuff , the win 10 Internet browser Edge also integrates with some programs and collects Data.
So if you do use Win 10 just remember to set aside an hour or so after first use to set up the privacy settings etc

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

electron67

Post by electron67 »

Thanks Dazz

I will investigate and test, perhaps, after all there is solution for now ! :wink:

Enrique

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

If i remember correctly PRO or HOME copies were not have this, only the free upgradres were rumored, but the catch is allready in the free upgrade, it is only valid on that specific device (specific devices lifetime, including all components), and no reinstall is possible, with that specific devices and software drivers you had installed? If you reinstall Win10 again after the free upgrade round is over, you need to buy licence. (Atleast this is what i got to be the catch when talking about this with our seller of OEM licenses for our systems.
I think your 100% right on this.

My main concern is the bullishness that Microsoft used to force users from Win7/8 to Win10. Will they use the same tactics once the new "Windows" (Successor to windows 10) is ready and will they force subscriptions to home users who want or need to keep up to date. Highly likely considering they have spent around 1.7billion dollars developing Windows 10 (around the same revenue that Windows 7 brought in). They must be looking to claw back the money somehow.

To be fair $7 a month for the corp version is not too painful at all but I personally am loath to continually pay out for an operating system when there are versions of Linux out there for free that are simply fantastic and already far better that Windows could ever hope to be (ignoring the obvious of massive 3rd party software support that Windows has) e.g. Android.

Also when you've spent months getting a piece of machinery to work perfectly such as a CNC or PnP it would be very annoying to come back and find your OS has auto updated and broken things because Microsoft think it best.

Again all my personal opinion. I'm sure there are massive amounts of Win10 users out there whom are very happy with it and will continue to be.

johnsondav

Post by johnsondav »

Hi Everyone

Can't but help to make a few observations regarding the comments made here for the Windows 10 operating system. I have just upgraded to the Anniversary Addition of Windows 10 Pro - Ver. 1607. I as understand the contract I have with Microsoft (home user) is as follows:

- 1 Year subscription for Microsoft Office gives me a unique Microsoft account which stores all my hardware devices (PC; Phone) etc
- an ISO disk that I have downloaded to re-install Windows 10 Pro (FULL not OEM) on my PC or install on a new PC (license transferred via online account)

Therefore, I am able to - from my Microsoft account, delete the PC listed and re-install Windows 10 Pro onto a different PC. My license is locked to the hardware, which I control where it is installed.
I do not need a License key as I have control via my Microsoft account. I will not be given FULL access to this account from any device which is not recorded in my list of devices stored with the online account(Better Security - Much harder to hack account).

If I cancel my Microsoft office subscription, I get to keep the Windows 10 Pro on the hardware it is install and it will continue to upgrade for - 'The Life of the Machine'. If I now buy a new machine I will need a new license.

Hope this helps.

Dave