MODBUS SLAVE COMPONENT

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 7 here

Moderator: Benj

SILVESTROS9

MODBUS SLAVE COMPONENT

Post by SILVESTROS9 »

Hello and Happy New Year to all !
I would like to send messages from a Modbus Master to LCD and GLCD . It's very useful to add some functions to Modbus Slave component, to cover Modbus functions 15 ( Write Multiple Coils ) and 16 ( Write Multiple Registers ). Also it's very helpful to add at help info, or to post at forum, some code examples on how to control those displays from a Master. So far, we use SetHoldingRegister to send a text to an LCD , but this is not possible , neither at forum there is some info to help us.
By the way, I would like to give many thanks to matrix stuff for FLOWCODE project , that is in my opinion excellent ,whereas some functions not works well. Many thanks also to makers and contributors of this forum.

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: MODBUS SLAVE COMPONENT

Post by Steve001 »

can i add my 10 pence too please ?

Would it be possible to add some selection for parity and the number of stop bits ?

parity even, odd, none
stop bits 1 or 2

There are a vast array of modbus connected devices and modbus masters and it is quite easy to get caught out by something as trivial as parity or stop bits

Steve

PS happy new year to all
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

SILVESTROS9

Post by SILVESTROS9 »

Hello Steve001,
Please note:
Parity : None
Stop bits : 1
thanks for reply.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
add some functions to Modbus Slave component, to cover Modbus functions 15 ( Write Multiple Coils ) and 16 ( Write Multiple Registers )
These functions should already be supported and enabled in the Slave. i.e. the Master can use these functions and the slave will respond correctly.

The slave maybe doesn't have direct access to these functions to allow multiple coils and registers to be written at once so I will see how easy it would be to add these.

SILVESTROS9

Post by SILVESTROS9 »

Hello Benj,
Many thanks for info.Your help is always useful.