Correct login for HELP not accepted

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v7 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Correct login for HELP not accepted

Post by christoph »

Hi,
After repeated attempts to log in on HELP, it says no record of user name and wont accept password. However, it has always worked and I am logged in with both on this forum. I have a Flowcode account and I did try it with the name and password but it didn't work either. Can you advise please.
Also, I cannot get going with the latest version of FlowcodeV7 which I purchased last month, because it stops working every time after a few minutes and I have to close the program. I installed it on a new hard drive after a clean and legitimate Windows 7 Home Premium installation.Because of the problem, I un-installed and re-installed it again and then un-installed and tried FC7 on another computer which has also got Windows 7 OS and only one other small programme on it but it still does the same thing. I have now tried 'everything in the book' with regard to Windows7 AND Flowcode V7 with many references and try outs via the web but to no avail. I have tried with and without my AV which is BitdefenderTotal Security 2017 but to no avail. I am running 32bit. How can I get over this problem?

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Correct login for HELP not accepted

Post by DavidA »

Hi Christoph,

There is no Help login as such, if you are refering to the wiki, then that is a login for Wiki Editors only.

What errors are you getting which is causing Flowcode 7 not to work, any details would be useful for us!

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi David,
I was just clicking on 'Help' on the Flowchart top line and it was going straight to what must have been the Wiki Editors login which wxplains why it said there was no record of the login I used (my normal one for the forum and then I tried my account one). HOWEVER, I fired up the computer after a whole days non-use and went straight to the flowcharts and this seems to have mysteriously righted itself and is now going to the normal help page!
ALSO, everything appears to be working correctly now and Flowcode is still working after 1/2 hours use so far and I have been shifting things around, making adjustments, closing and opening the program etc etc to try and replicate the 'not responding' situation but it seems all ok now - on both the machines I tried it on! So hoepfully all is well now but I'm not sure why as I spent quite a few hours trying to get it sorted.
One final point - I purchased the Mechatronic pack mainly for CNC purposes and while I realise I can programme a chip for a 3-axis CNC machine by flowcharting the stepper motors, I see there is a CNC 'set up' but when I click on it it says it failed to complete the action and I don't have a valid licence for it! What does it offer? Is it a template? What licence is needed and if useful what does it cost?
Regards,
Chris

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hi christoph,

Glad to hear Flowcode is working again.

The "CNC machine" listed is a simulation only component and is used in an educational pack for the teaching of CNC machine principals, for most users who arent educational institutions it is not a very useful component.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

In terms of the CNC machine it may be as good to use the 3D printer component instead.

There is already a made up example showing how to take a CNC style G code file and how to parse this.

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/index. ... imulation)

Let me know how you get on.

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi David and Benj,
Brilliant and many thanks for the info - I will check out the CNC link shortly.
Best regards,
Chris

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Ahh - I don't see any thumbs up to thank!....?

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

ok they have appeared now

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

'Flowcode not respondin'g is still happening and I can't seem to pin down why. I have no problem getting into an existing project or starting a new one - this is happening when I am IN the program/project.
ALSO, being new to V7, I have no idea how to get the simulation for the 3D printer working - I would be grateful for a bit of help 'cos that is the current project on my list.
Many thanks,
Chris

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi Chris,

For the 3D printer example to work you need to download the Flowcode project and the corresponding G code file.

https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/images ... arser.fcfx
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wikiv7/images/b/b0/Batman.G

For the G code file you might need to right click the link and save as, simply left clicking the link will likely open the file in the browser which is probably not what you want.

Once you have downloaded both files make sure they are both located in the same folder. Then open the Flowcode project file and click the play button and the Batman logo should appear on the 3D print bed located on the 3D panel.

Let me know if you have any problems.

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi Benj,
Sorry but I'm not exactly sure how that works or what to expect. I an not really computer literate in some ares and I dont seem to be getting the right results. I have tried downloading from the two links seperately and then putting into one folder but how is that related to the project window? Should I ultimately be expecting thesimulation to run after clicking play and it is then using the G file to produce layers of the batman icon in the z axis? Could you give me a step by step to get the idea and how to put the two files together.

Much appreciated in advance,

Chris

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi,
Moving my last query regarding the 3D simulation to a more logical title under Board Index: 8-Bit PIC, '3D Printer Simulation'

Cheers,

Chris