A few user interface tweaks...

Moderator: Benj

Brendan

A few user interface tweaks...

Post by Brendan »

First, thank you for your excellent work under the hood in Flowcode 8, and great to see a number of component bug fixes evident in panel properties, etc. Also loving the many new features during edits.

From initial use I have a few early suggestions however...

Copying over the template schemes from FC7 worked well for us, but the hard-coded top-menu and component icon colours aren't so good. Furthermore, go into project options and the declared clock speed, as an example, is very difficult to make out (mid-grey on dark blue I recall). Please consider including user-configurable menu and font colours in the template.

We create many custom macros in large projects, but unless they're carefully named with prefixes (such as _×_, where x is a number), alphanumeric list sorting can complicate finding and opening them during post-edits (etc). If it were possible to organise them in a better way (perhaps even dragging them up/down, and/or titling groups), that would be greatly welcomed.

When clicking on threads within, for example, switch or decision operators, such as to copy-paste code threads in them, it's somewhat a guessing game finding/clicking around with the mouse cursor until the positioning arrow appears. I believe making the junction at the top of the branch the active area would be ideal.

Just looking forward to improved Raspberry Pi integration now. Suddenly, we can now code both MCUs and driving host for cost-effective stand-alone test systems, with monitor/keyboard/mouse, and all from the same development platform... Nice!

As I say, merely initial observations from early use, though FC8 and added functionality really is quite superb... Brilliant work
- Thank you all :D

All the best,
Brendan