Error: .obj or .lib file Incompatible version!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Gypo

Error: .obj or .lib file Incompatible version!

Post by Gypo »

Hi all

I know some of you have had this problem and so I'm looking to see what worked for you... In the hope I can find a quick and easy fix.

I have had to reinstall some progs and one of them was Sourceboost Pro 6.97, now when I try and compile a project to hex in Flowcode PIC 4 it fails with the following message.

Error: .obj or .lib file Incompatible version! (file uses V112, linker requires V109 to V111)
Error: Failed to process:libc.pic16.lib or Error: Failed to process:libc.pic18.lib

As I had a few problems with the PC, the reinstallation of SourceBoost may not be the cause but it's the only thing I can see that would change the sourceboost files...

Having looked through the forum I see that several people have had the same or very similar problem and in them it seems the suggested answer is to reinstall Flowcode. If that is the solution and it loads up different version of Sourceboost files won't I then invite problems with Sourceboost?

I see the Compiler Options point to Flowcode directories and not the base Sourceboost directories so should I be changing them or just accept that both programs can co-exist with totally separate file versions and just reinstall Flowcode?
The only real simulation isn't ...
Gypo

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Error: .obj or .lib file Incompatible version!

Post by Steve »

Gypo wrote:Having looked through the forum I see that several people have had the same or very similar problem and in them it seems the suggested answer is to reinstall Flowcode. If that is the solution and it loads up different version of Sourceboost files won't I then invite problems with Sourceboost?
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to this. There seem to have been a number of forum members who have experienced this problem. If you don't receive a response here, you could try asking them directly.

Gypo

Post by Gypo »

Steve

I'm going to try the re-install way first as I'd like to have it running again soon.

Remind me if you will , who do I need contact to get a temp Lic code so that I can reinstall Flowcode PIC 4
Gypo

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

When reinstalling Flowcode on a PC that has had it before, you should not need to reenter the code - simply install it without a code and it should "remember" the licence details.

Gypo

Post by Gypo »

Thanks...

Having run the install program again and un-installed Flowcode, then installed it again all is well with Flowcode.
I haven't yet tried SourceBoost Pro 6.97 so I can't say if that is working still or not, I'll get round to trying it soon and post results...

So for all those of you out there that had the same problem with .obj or .lib file Incompatible version!
re-installing sorts Flowcode out at least.

Ragards
Gypo