18F4455 issue - config

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

18F4455 issue - config

Post by petesmart »

Hey Ben,

Sorry however i have another one for you...

I have migrated to 18F4455 silicon and have been figuring out the config. Using the EB006-00-07 s the programmer with FC4.

I started with the 1sec flasher routine to get the config right. It worked the first time .. ok.

I then added the next LED to the flash sequence as a test, recompiled, and found that I could not ID the chip on board the EB006, nor would the LED flash either.

Went back to the original working flasher .. same thing... "could not identify the chip onboard"... nor would the PPP app recognise the chip on autodetect.

Swapped to another brand new chip, after 10mins the same thing occurred. Is it possible that I have corrupted the chip due to bad config?

attached my configs for your info.
config.gif
(203.26 KiB) Downloaded 708 times
thanks again for your support

all the best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: 18F4455 issue - config

Post by Benj »

Hello Pete,

Your config looks good to me and you should always be able to ID the chip.

First thing I would try is to unplug the EB006 from the power for 20 seconds, then insert the USB cable and then the PSU and try autodetecting the chip. Maybe also check your jumpers are in correctly, sometimes the 3 way jumpers can become a bit loose which will cause programming and ID detection to work.

If this fails then can you tell me which version of Flowcode you are running and I'll see if the PPP files could be out of date for that device.

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,
Its FC4 v 4.3.7.63.

Checked the links all ok..

When I plugged the new chip in it worked for a short while then exhibited the same behavior... It's almost like the chip has corrupted it self..

Will try the 20sec down time tomorrow and get back to you

Thanks again

Best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!

petesmart
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by petesmart »

Hi Ben,

If you leave the chip overnight, it then functions normally. After 15mins approx it then stops working and can't I'd the chip etc...

Can't help but think it must have something to do with config...I have been using the EB006 and 18F877A for ages with no issue. Clock perhaps?

Best

Pete
sorry about that Chief!