Local variables - Compiler Error

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Niro

Local variables - Compiler Error

Post by Niro »

Dear all,

I am experiencing big problems using local variables for macros in FC4 for AVR because they are sometimes (??) compiled completly wrong!
As I understood (pls. see the example below, bubble is showing c-code) a local variable "i" for the macro "ISR_TachoIN" should appear in the compiled C-Code as "FCV_ISR_TachoIN.i".
But as you can see at one time it is compiled as "FCL_I" and the next time as "ISR_TachoIN.i"!
No wonder my code doesn't work. Using global variables in the macro everything is fine, but mostly that is not an option.

Is there anybody having the same experience or maybe a solution?

Many thanks!

Niro
Attachments
LocalVariable01.jpg
LocalVariable01.jpg (18.83 KiB) Viewed 2628 times
LocalVariable02.jpg
LocalVariable02.jpg (15.26 KiB) Viewed 2628 times

JonnyW

Re: Local variables - Compiler Error

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Niro.

Currently in Flowcode v4 there is an issue where local variables on the right of an '=' do not display as C-code variables properly. This is purely a visual issue to do with the tooltips and shouldn't affect the C compilation or how your program works.

If you are unsure this is the case, compile the C code and have a look at the compiled code in Notepad (or an editor of your choice) and this should be OK.

If there is some other problem with your Flowcode program, let us know and maybe we can offer a solution.

Cheers,

Jonny