Matrix products and services

For users of Matrix Multimedia Electronics software to discuss projects, circuits and any other electronics concepts.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

NJW

Matrix products and services

Post by NJW »

I have been considering buying Flocode and Eblocks and visited the Matrix website which is in a mess (lots of links missing etc, poor navigation) Despite these problems I managed to find what I wanted and placed an order. This order was submitted and then bounced because Matrix did not charge VAT. I have tried to resolve this and found Matrix Staff to be unhelpful making many excuses. This problem was due entirely to Matrix and I had expected that they would have done more to resolve the situation. Because of this I am having second thoughts about the quality of the products and services offered by Matrix. After all if Matrix cannot run a decent website and do something as simple as process an order can they be trusted to provide decent products for my hard earned cash. Any comments would be appreciated

Spanish_dude

Re: Matrix products and services

Post by Spanish_dude »

I don't know what you were looking for but I always find what I'm searching quite easily.

Flowcode is an incredible tool to develop PIC (or AVR or ARM) programs, just look at the articles made by users of this forum.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

I have to agree with Spanish_dude.
I own quiet a few eblocks, MIAC and other Matix products.
The speed in which we can develop software and program microcontrollers from scratch is unbelievably fast.
Quiet a few of us regularly contribute to the forums because we personally believe the matrix products and support are just great!
Like with any business, there are a few people that could slip though the net.
I'm sure if any of the matrix staff hear about issues with products, or support they would like to sort issue out as soon as possible.
The Matrix home website has recently gone though an upgrade, it's not always possible to get it 100% perfect.

I hope you get your issues sorted out soon, it will be worth it in the end.
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I have passed on your complaint to the commercial team here at Matrix and I will talk to them later today to find out what the problem is.

I know that the website is in a state of transition at the moment, so perhaps this is the reason for the dead links. If you (or anyone else) does come across dead links or other problems with the website then just let me know and I'll pass this information on to our commercial team who will rectify the issue.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I've asked our MD to comment on this issue and here is his response:
This customer is right – our web site is not good enough. The excuses referred to are that we are undertaking a complete overhaul of the site, and this is causing some problems. We are not complacent about the problems. But we have lots of pressures here and can not solve all problems immediately – although the VAT issue mentioned has been corrected. In a couple of weeks you will see more changes to the site with lots of new support features. Please keep the suggestions on how we can improve our service and products coming.

Regards
John Dobson

Managing Director
Matrix Multimedia