variable manager

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

variable manager

Post by Steve001 »

is there a way to list / sort variables in the variable manager box ? as they dont same to be in any order and it's becomming hard to navaigate.

steve
Attachments
Variable Manager.JPG
(66.31 KiB) Downloaded 1005 times
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: variable manager

Post by medelec35 »

If you Click on the 'variable Name' Wording, it will sort the variables out in alphabetical order. a- z. If you click on the 'variable Name' Wording again, it will sort variables out in reverse alphabetical order. z- a
Variables Sort.jpg
(225.45 KiB) Downloaded 997 times
Martin
Martin

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

thanks for that will give it a go later

steve

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

No Problem.
If you use the the F8 (single step) method, then you may need to add variables first:
Adding & Sorting Variables.JPG
(118.35 KiB) Downloaded 960 times
I always do this so I can see the values of variables whilst using Flowcode simulator.
I believe all variables automatically add like it was with pre V4 is the best way.
So long as you can multiple select variables to remove! (currently lacking in V4!)
In my option if you have an array(e.g Myarray[32]), adding all the elements is a big pain in the rear end as it's very time consuming.
Is that a feature of V5 as well?
Is there a comprehensive list of V5 improvements so we could see list in one place?
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi there. We have a list of features that we are working towards but we occasionally tweak this as new possibilities become available. My worry would be if we posted a list it would be taken as 'definitive' and if features on there didn't make the final version there could be complaints.

Anyway, personally I would still like to post a list of confirmed features (i.e. those we have already done or that are high priority) and maybe some screenshots - it might be nice to start a Flowcode v5 forum? - but I reckon this would be more of a group decision so can't promise anything.

As far as the variable manager goes, this has changed in v5 a bit, and we can be quite flexible in what we add or not, so please post any other suggestions (though again it would be nice for you to know how it has changed first!) as all input is helpful.

Cheers,

Jonny

Steve001
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Steve001 »

thats it works did what i wanted to do, :D
a lot easier to find things now dont know why i didnt try that before :oops:

steve

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Steve001 wrote: dont know why i didnt try that before :oops:
steve
Steve trust me , I have been using Flowcode, (and other products) for some time, and I'm still finding things in which I keep saying to myself 'why i didn't I try that before!' :P
Maybe there could be a comprehensive list as a part of 'Programming Tips & Tricks' that has just helpful feature's including sorting Variable's in alphabetical order?
Glad it's helped you anyway.

Hi Jonny,
Yes screen shots is a great idea...
here's my idea.
You have have two list on two posts that's a sticky within the same thread. This thread should be accessible for all to post, including non V4 users, and I agree It could be a V5 forum.
When V5 has finished development, and is on sale, then can be restricted to V5 registered users only.
Top list is 100% confirmed features, screen shots etc. So people now those features will be definitely apart of V5
Then you could have another list...A wish list. perhaps in a separate reply below (or same reply even?)
This could be a wish list. This can contain Flowcode users suggestions. If a user posts a suggestion, then this suggestion could be transferred as a summary list as part of the wish list. If you or any matrix staff feel its such a good idea, and its is definitely going to be apart of V5, then transfer from wish reply list to confirmed list.
There could be an on-going 'suggestion' competition. Best ideas (or top 3 for example, if loads) win V5 pro perhaps or even other prizes worth up to a certain value?
If you find on the forums the idea has been suggested before, then the original poster should be credited for the idea, and be placed in the competition for the prize (if running one of course :P )

Martin
Martin

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Hi Martin,

I know it's a little frustrating for V4 users to know that a new version is being developed but to have the detail hidden - it's also frustrating for us that we cannot shout about all the good things we are doing! At the same time, if we make a big thing about V5 then it will hold back existing sales of V4. It could also be a problem if we promise a new feature publicly and then have to remove it for the actual release.

However, we do recognise that our existing customers have some very valuable opinions on the future development of Flowcode and also have a vested interest in ensuring that this development tackles the issues relevant to them.

At first, we intend to produce presentations of new features that will only be available to a handful of people. We'll probably do this through the private "most valued" forum. I think this will be a great bonus for those people who help on the forum and will give you a chance to give feedback on what we are doing.

We will also be producing some very early "alpha" releases so you can have a play with the features. And after that we will have an extensive BETA testing programme.

We will also be allowing current users to contribute in the actual development of Flowcode. This is actually one of the most exciting parts of V5, but I don't want to give too much away at this stage...