Branch residue after change on a decision

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Magicdrshoon

Branch residue after change on a decision

Post by Magicdrshoon »

Hi.

First off, I would have posted in the Flowcode 4 topic, but for some reason I'm not allowed (probably something to do with registering, it does still say "This copy of Flowcode is unregistered" in the panel, even though I have entered the license key online and entered the license key emailed to me in the registraion windows of Flowcode, but hey-ho!).

When you put a decision block in a chart, and then link the right hand branch (defaultly 'Yes', or "No" if swapped) to a connection chart, it leaves the residue of the origional path in view.

I would like to present the chart in my HND project. Is there any way of tidying this up, with out doing a print-screen and editing the image? something like a view refresh or redraw. It just looks a bit crap the way it is.

Thanks in advance for your help (or your time if you can't help!).

Chris

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Branch residue after change on a decision

Post by DavidA »

Hi Chris,

To register on the FLowcode v4 forums there is an extra step to take to upgrade your forum account to allow you to post there.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=29&t=602

We have an FAQ topic and a youtube video to help you get your Flowcode fully registered. The biggest problem is users with Windows 7 and Vista, you need to run the program with administrator rights if you are entering a licence key (after it can be run normally).

FAQ topic: http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=28&t=673
Youtube Vid: http://www.youtube.com/user/MatrixMulti ... rTEYihcsNU

Im a little unsure as to what the error is that you are having?

I think you might be refering to the arror that is left when adding a connection point, as circled in the picture below. If this is the case then im sorry there is currently no way of removing this arrow from the chart.
connpoint.jpg
connpoint.jpg (47.63 KiB) Viewed 4693 times

Magicdrshoon

Post by Magicdrshoon »

Yes, that is precisely what I mean. That's a pity that there is no way to clean this up.

Thanks for the info in registering Flowcode. I'll have a look at it when I het home. I am using Windows 7, so that's probably where I've been getting it wrong!

Thanks for your help.

Dan81
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by Dan81 »

hello Chris

You can use a loop instead of a decision.

Daniel