Different results using EB006 and my other burner with same

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Werner

Different results using EB006 and my other burner with same

Post by Werner »

I have a program that works as expected with simulation and on proto board. When I burn the same 12F629 chip with my EB006 I get a different result? Specifically bit 4 does not seem to work? I am using the Led E-Block board for testing. And thats another thing the D0-D7 means nothing to me. I looked in the LED data sheet but it makes no reference to what pin may go to D0-D7?
Thanks for the help!
Werner
Werner
STUDENT OF: Martin - Professor of Flowcode, John, Jan, Fotios and Nicolas "Spanish Dude"

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Different results using EB006 and my other burner with s

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi Werner
The D0 - D7 on the led board just means Diode 0 - Diode 7 (Could just as easily have been marked LED 0-LED7)

LED 0 is connected to bit 0 - LED 7 is connected to bit 7 ( on which ever port the board is connected to)
Dont forget not all ports have all bits available as output, or in the case of port E on the 16F877A for example is only 3 bits.
Check the PIC datasheet.

Which port are you trying to use the LED board on as this could be your problem.
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Werner wrote:When I burn the same 12F629 chip with my EB006 I get a different result? Specifically bit 4 does not seem to work?
Werner
Have you got EB006 V6 or V7?
If I could be wrong as not tried with 8 pin device, connecting bit 4 to port.
With V6 you cannot use bit4 since that is part of the osc, and connects to the boards xtal.
With V7 you will need move the jumper(J18-J19) thats positioned in-between the LED and xtal from osc to A6&7 position.
Werner wrote:D0-D7 means nothing to me. I looked in the LED data sheet but it makes no reference to what pin may go to D0-D7?
D0 to D7 are just the bit reference.
So if LED connected to portA
D0 = RA0
D5 = RA5 etc.

If connected to port B
D0= RB0
D5 = RB5 etc.

Martin.

Edit: just noticed John has just beat me to it, so information may be duplicated.
Martin

Werner

Post by Werner »

Thanks John and Martin, Ok I have to make a correction. It was my mistake in thinking that FC was burning differently on my EB006 and my other burner. I had accidentally use two different files. Oops my bad. I did try changing the jumper for (J18-J19) but is seems that it does not behave any differently in regards to bit 4 not working. Martin I think you are on to something about the OSC? As you know the pin 3 on the 12F629 chip is GP4/OSC2 and that is the pin that appears not to be working on my EB006/LED Board. I think I should be getting D4/ bit4 led to light but it doesn’t? Like I said it does work on my proto board?
Thanks again for the help Guy’s

Werner
Werner
STUDENT OF: Martin - Professor of Flowcode, John, Jan, Fotios and Nicolas "Spanish Dude"

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Are you aware that 8, 14 and 20pin devices on the EB006 board do not use the correct I/O ports due to the way the chip families have been designed.

For an 8-pin device the I/O appears on the following port pins.

PIN2 - RA5 -> OSC1 / PORT A7 (j18, j19)
PIN3 - RA4 -> OSC2 / PORT A6 (j18, j19)
PIN4 - RA3 -> MCLR / Reset Switch
PIN5 - RA2 -> PORT B2
PIN6 - RA1 -> PORT B6
PIN7 - RA0 -> PORT B7

Werner

Post by Werner »

Thanks Ben! This explains a lot I will play around with the ports to see if I can get the results I am looking for.
Werner
Werner

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

You could also take a look at page 13 of this:
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/datashe ... 6-30-7.pdf
Martin

Werner

Post by Werner »

Thanks Ben and Martin!! I got everything working! :D
Werner
Werner