Unable to Compile-C Code

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

achillis1

Unable to Compile-C Code

Post by achillis1 »

Hello,

I am trying to compile to 16f877a and I get the : " Flowcode was unable to compile the flowchart's C code due to the following errors:

If your flowchart contains C code, please review this carefully. If your flowchart contains no C-code or you have thoroughly reviewed the code"

I have many times this error but this time I noticed that if I change the pIC within flocode to ECIO then the compilation continues until it asks for the ECIO.

Any clue?

Andreas Achilleos

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: UNABLE TO COMPILE-C CODE

Post by Steve »

Please post your FCF and C code files and we'll be able to help.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Unable to Compile-C Code

Post by Steve »

When I compiled your program I received the following error:

Code: Select all

Error: Memory allocation failed -  No remaining memory block (on target) with suitable start address, big enough for : 'mx_card_bufferl' in file: C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Desktop\oldfiles\Copy of aa\RTC ANDREAS WITH MACROS V3_2tov4.c size:256 bytes
Basically, the chip you are using does not have enough spare RAM to cope with the two 256 card buffers in the FAT component. You will need to use a "bigger" chip - probably an 18F device.

achillis1

Post by achillis1 »

Hello,

Yes, but actually that chip 16f877a can handle that, so in this case the memory consuption is done by my other flowchart?

Can EB006 board accept the 18f4550?

Regards,

Andreas Achilleos

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

achillis1 wrote:Yes, but actually that chip 16f877a can handle that, so in this case the memory consuption is done by my other flowchart?
The FAT component alone requires two 256-byte buffers plus some other allocations. The 877a has less than 400 bytes available.
achillis1 wrote:Can EB006 board accept the 18f4550?
Yes it can. In fact, this was the chip I used when testing your program and it successfully compiled.

achillis1

Post by achillis1 »

Thanks Steve!

I thought that I had before testes the FAT component on the 16f877a but now I think that I was testing of the ECIO 40!

Andreas Achilleos