LCD display

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

NerdHerd

LCD display

Post by NerdHerd »

Hey guys,
Im trying to implement the analogue to digital conversion but nothings happening.It wont display anything on the screen.The LCD just shows the blocks when i power it up.After trying to get this to work i tried a simple program just to display some string on the LCD but even this didnt work..Any ideas as to what my problems could be?

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: LCD display

Post by DavidA »

Hello Nerdherd,

It would be easier if you posted your Flowcode program to allow us to check see if there may be any problems... in the meanwhile... check this FAQ topic which explains some common LCD problems.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... ?f=3&t=419

NerdHerd

Post by NerdHerd »

Hey i have attached the flow code..After compiling to chip the LED on port A flashes but the LCD doesnt display anything
Attachments
LCDTest.fcf
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 346 times

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hello,

Move the Start LCD macro outside your loop, it only needs running at the start. I have attached a modified file.

Additionally can you please post next time on the Flowcode V4 forums as the file you sent was a Flowcode V4 file.

Help on how to do this is available here:

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/support ... f=29&t=602
Attachments
LCDTest.fcf
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 327 times

NerdHerd

Post by NerdHerd »

Thanx il remember to post it there next time..i compiled your edited code to chip but still doesnt work its still giving me the flashing LED on port A but no display on the LCD.I played around with the contrast, oscillator frequency and all the other tips you gave in the link but nothing seems to help

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Is the LED flashing at the expected rate? Eg 1 second on and 1 second off. I cant see anything specific from your program. What version of Flowcode are you currently running?

NerdHerd

Post by NerdHerd »

Hi,

The LED is running at the expected rate.Im using version 4

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Are you getting anything on the LCD eg garbled text or is the top line of characters staying as solid black squares? This is the default start up state. Is the jumper in the default position and making good contact? Other then this i'm not really sure what to suggest. Is your product still under warranty? Maybe its worth returning the display to us and we will test it here and send you a replacement.

NerdHerd

Post by NerdHerd »

Hey,

I managed to get it working..Turns out i powered the programming board incorrectly.I used LVP and powered the board with the USB cable instead of externally powering the board with the 14V.Once i used the external power supply it worked.Praying about it was the key to success :mrgreen: also managed to get my ADC and serial comms with the PC working.God is good thanx guys for the help

Regards

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Ah yes the good old LVP pin causing issues again. Glad you got it all working correctly.