timed loops

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

brandonb

timed loops

Post by brandonb »

is it possible to have a program that runs 50hz 80% duty output that is timed with a loop for 3 minutes to run then go to another loop that does 189hz at 34% duty for 1 minute.... im trying to create a fuel injection ultrasonic routine for cleaning and backflushing but not have a hundred 255 counts to obtain the result, (not with count+1)

allpicproject
Flowcode V4 User

Re: timed loops

Post by allpicproject »

How accurate you want it?

If not too accurate, you can use delay and loop.

allpicproject
Flowcode V4 User

Post by allpicproject »

Please post your flowcode file, let other see where is the problem.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

brandonb wrote: but not have a hundred 255 counts to obtain the result, (not with count+1)
If you select Edit, Variables then select to highlight the count variable (which is a byte ie. 0 to 255) and select rename variable you can then change from a byte to an integer which goes up to 32767.
Don't forget to reset count2 when it reaches the highest desired value otherwise when it rolls over, if integer then it becomes a negative number!

Alternately if thats not high enough you can add an additional count e.g count2
Then you can can have a decision branch:
If count = 255 then count = 0: count2 = count2 + 1

If you left both count and count 2 as a byte variable then maximum counts of 255 is 255. so you will have 255 x 255 = 63025.

However if this is not enough then if change count2 to int and leave count as byte then maximum counts = 255 x 32767 = 8355585
That should be high enough?

Martin
Martin

brandonb

Post by brandonb »

martin- i tried to get the loop to count in integers prior to help request and couldnt do it, can you show me how this is done? also i have only 36 presets and i ran out of memory words, i have a hardtime with the microchip page, is there another pic chip that my version of flowcode supports that has alot more memory words, it would be great if i had 4x what i have with the 16f690.... thanks
Attachments
martian loop.fcf
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 288 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

brandonb wrote:is there another pic chip that my version of flowcode supports that has alot more memory words, it would be great if i had 4x what i have with the 16f690.... thanks
Hi, Brandon
This will help you find the best chip for your application:
http://www.microchip.com/maps/microcontroller.aspx
Just untick the 16 and 32 bit, then choose PIC16F for prefix.
Then all you do is move the sliders.
If nothing found for PIC16F, then you could try PIC18F
brandonb wrote:i tried to get the loop to count in integers prior to help request and couldnt do it, can you show me how this is done?
I have posted the general idea, not had too much time to work out number of counts and time delay durations.
Hopefully there is enough in the flowchart to help you.
Another possibility is using a timer interrupt, I will look into this when I get a chance.

Martin
Attachments
martian loop1.fcf
(7 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
Martin

brandonb

Post by brandonb »

hey martin thanks for the promp help on this, i modified it- named variable to (int) int=0 then int=int+1 the with loop i changed it to check at end of loop (loop until) using variable int="the number count" this works amazing!! thank you for showing me the magic...

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Your welcome Brandon.
I'm just gald the flowchart helped you.
Thanks for the update :)

Martin
Martin