Can any ECIO owner please try and help :-(

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

Sparkoids

Can any ECIO owner please try and help :-(

Post by Sparkoids »

I'm getting desparate now - been on this for *weeks* now with no success and I'm trying to eliminate what's wrong with a PCB I built that checks out OK but just does not work - it's depressing :-(

Here is a simplified Flowcode example that uses the ECIO 40 to emulate a PC keyboard and it does it perfectly.

All I need to do is to change the Eblock EB-014 - Ascii keypad for an Eblock EB-002 Button block.

That's it - just change the keypad for a button block and do exactly the same thing (with 4 buttons less obviously). Don't care what the keys are I just need to prove that without the ascii pad it is possible because it doesn't work for me outside the simulation.

All one has to do is open a text file and watch the keys being printed in the document as the keypad and (hopefully) the buttons are pressed - anyone with a ECIO 40 has all the tools needed to do this
Attachments
Ex2. Keyboard_ECIO40_1.1.fcf
(19.58 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

Gary Freegard

Re: Can any ECIO owner please try and help :-(

Post by Gary Freegard »

Hi

Just saw this, and is something I have been meaning to do so thank you for the kick. I have attached my modified version, I needs a bit of tidying up but hopefully will point you in the right direction.
It works with a switch board(EB007001) on port B, I am not using any of the associated Switch Bank macros just using an Input, checking that it has changed and that it is the first push, if both valid then convert to ascii and send via usb. Once button has been released then first push is reset.

Gary
Attachments
Ex2. Keyboard_ECIO40_1.1.fcf
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 239 times

Sparkoids

Re: Can any ECIO owner please try and help :-(

Post by Sparkoids »

Hi Gary,

That was indeed very helpful thank you!

That's me busy for a bit.....