Philips RC-6 protocol

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

MJU

Philips RC-6 protocol

Post by MJU »

Is the RC-6 IR protocol for remote control very different from the RC-5 protocol?
Can the RC-6 be established with the RC-5 component?

I want to start a project for a Philips TV remote control but I'm not sure about the protocol.
Has anyone here ever used the RC-6 protocol in a project?

Thank you.

fotios

Re: Philips RC-6 protocol

Post by fotios »

Hello MJU
I haven't tried never the Philips RC-6 protocol and from the few things that i know about it, there is a main issue of compatibility regarding modulation. Although in both versions, RC5 and RC6, data are modulated with the use of Manchester coding (Bi-phase coding, i.e. each data bit is splited in two halves) in RC5 a bit is considered as logic "1" when in the middle point of bit we have a transition from "Low to High" state, while a bit is considered as "0" when we have a "High to Low" transition. In RC-6 version, applies the oposite: "1" = High to Low transition in the middle point of data bit, and "0" = Low to High transition.
As for the rest, RC-5 supports up to 32 different devices defined by the 5 address or system bits, and 64 commands per device defined by the 6 command bits, while RC-6 supports up to 256 devices and 256 commands per device likewise. You can find more informations on the web.
The RC-5 component of FlowCode, is implemented to support the Philips RC-5 protocol.
Regards
Fotis
Best Regards FOTIS ANAGNOSTOU

MJU

Re: Philips RC-6 protocol

Post by MJU »

Ok thank you Fotios!