This kit of parts allows Computer Science students to develop an understanding of simple controls systems and to develop programs using flow charts. The kit uses our MIAC controller as a PC slave and as an embedded microcontroller target. The kit includes switches, bulbs, motors and sensors which plug into the MIAC using 4mm connectors to allow students to cement their understanding of control using real physical parts. Requires Flowcode SE software. A free PDF based course is available from March 2014.
- Microcontroller based systems
- Control system theory of simple systems: Input, system, output, open loop, closed loop
- Programming using flowcharts: input, system, output, loops, decision, subroutine, go to, calculations, delays, variables, strings, A/D conversion, interrupts, hardware macros, software macros, arrays.
- Control components: switch, light sensor, bulbs, motors
- Industrial controllers, Microcontroller based systems.