The solution first explores power components including diodes, BJT, MOSFET, IGBT, SCR, thyristors and triacs and then moves on to showing how these are used in power circuits including rectifiers, converters and inverters.
Worksheets are supplied which guide students through the learning activities.
Learning objectives/experiments include
- Diodes, BJT, MOSFET, IGBT, SCR, thyristors and triac components
- Speed control of DC motors
- Using inductive components for energy transfer
- Half and full wave rectifiers
- Fixed voltage regulators
- Buck and boost converters
- Single phase inverters using MOSFET and thyristor
- Modern power electronics topologies
- Sources of renewable energy
Resource Version Type CP3666 - Power and energy electronics (for LK3568) 1