This solution introduces students to the basic principles of circuit construction and prototyping using a breadboard and a few simple electronic components. The manual includes 10 simple microcontroller circuits along with guides to developing the associated control programs using Flowcode. This low cost solution is an ideal starting point for students of Design and Technology who want to understand how to incorporate microcontrollers into their projects. Course needs Flowcode 6 or Flowcode SE software. Compatible with Mloader download utility and all compilers that generate hex code for PIC18F24K50. Requires USB cable. A free course is included.
- Microcontroller programming and circuits
- Microcontroller clocks, pins, inputs, outputs, ports
- Programming using flowcharts: input, system, output, loops, decision, subroutine, go to, calculations, delays, simple variables, A/D conversion, pulse and tone generation
- Components: switches, LEDs, sensors, buzzers, resistors, potential dividers.
- Logic: AND, OR, NAND, NOR, NOT