Formula Flowcode USB Drivers for Win 98 ?

For Formula Flowcode Micromouse users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to the Formula Flowcode Micromouse.

Moderator: Benj

WSieben

Formula Flowcode USB Drivers for Win 98 ?

Post by WSieben »

Hello everyone,

when trying to install a USB Driver with Windows 98SE (USB 1) no driver is found.

Windows 98SE recognises the Formula Flowcode as "Unknown USB Device". But giving the link to FormulaFlowcode.Inf (delivered with Drivers.Zip) is not successful. Windows' answer is "No driver found". It seems to me that any reference number of "Unkown USB device" is missing.

I guess the file "Formula_Flowcode_Driver_Install" file is only usefull for different Windows versions because this fails also by showing: "...missing Export-ADVAPI32.DLL ConvertStringtoSecurityDescriptor to SecurityDescriptorW...".

Is there any different way to install a USB driver in combination with Windows 98SE?

Any suggestions please,

Werner

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Formula Flowcode USB Drivers for Win 98 ?

Post by Steve »

Hello Werner,

I've found an onder version of the INF file that may help. Unfortunately I do not have a win98 PC here, so I cannot test it.

To use, I suggets you unzip this and place it into the same directory as the existing INF and SYS files. Then, point Windows to this INF file when it tries to install.

Please let me know how you get on.
Attachments
old buggy.zip
(827 Bytes) Downloaded 500 times

WSieben

Post by WSieben »

Hello Steve,

thanks a lot! It seems that USB installation finished successfully by using this older version. Windows further required the file mchpushb.sys. After I put both files older "FormulaFlowcode.Inf" and new "mchpushb.sys" from the Formula Flowcode CD (HP2843 V.1.1) into one directory the installation worked.

First tests show some further problems:

The Formula Flowcode Programming software does not offer an explicit Component Icon for the Formula Flocode as it should be according to the documentation. When trying to compile a short test sequence "to chip" the program answers with message "One or more Pins of Component AD(1) are not connected to Microcontroller...". (Target was correctly set to Formula Flowcode Buggy). Although the test file "speaker test" from the CD which I tried before worked well.

The second problem I found is that the programmer software has some problems to identify the Buggy Version or chip. Sometimes o.k. sometimes it failes.

Any further advice would be very welcome.

Best regards,

Werner

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Werner

The version of the buggy program tool packaged with the CD may not be the latest version. You should be able to get the latest version from the following location.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Formflow-X.php

WSieben

Post by WSieben »

Hello Ben,

thank you!

In between I was successfull with the Flowcode Programm and the Programmer Tool.

Regards

Werner